Honored Contributor

And speaking of things that are outdated?

Hope those hugh scaves around the neck (forever scarves?) are gone. They look so bad on anyone. I know, I know you wear one and look adorable and everyone compliments you.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: And speaking of things that are outdated?

LOVE those scarves! We call them super scarves.

I’ve made stacks of them and will wear them forever.
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like the way I look in scarves.I’m petite & feel they overwhelm my frame. I do like how they look on taller 

women.

Honored Contributor

Scarves have always been in my fashion repertoire.  I don't wear one every day, but I know how to incorporate one as a beautiful accessory.  If you know what you're doing, they can look fabulous. 

As we move into warmer weather soon, a soft, silky long scarf can be worn like a long necklace, elongating the figure.  It can also bring color or a pattern I wouldn't normally wear in a top or bottom.

I also love to tie a coordinating scarf on my handbag handle.  Looks very chic, in my opinion.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think they're outdated.

I see women wearing scarves all the time - fashion scarves, not cold weather scarves.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don’t like the way I look in scarves.I’m petite & feel they overwhelm my frame. I do like how they look on taller 

women.

I'm right there with you, sister.  5 ft tall.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Hope those hugh scaves around the neck (forever scarves?) are gone. They look so bad on anyone. I know, I know you wear one and look adorable and everyone compliments you.

I don't like to see Q models come out with them obstructing your vision of a top or jacket, neckline. If they want to add that sort of thing to their own look, fine, but, when your modeling clothes for purchase don't clutter the landscape.

Respected Contributor

I do not think classics are ever totally outdated. I am an old woman now , but have known women from when I first started noticing fashion to currently who are absolute magicians with scarves. They can use scarves to make something basic look fabulous and/or varied.

Me-- not so much . If I tie them , they come untied , travel around on my body, or get caught on the furniture . Smiley Happy I do like winter ones for warmth with my coat in sub zero weather and find the forever versions easier to keep intact.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't really see them being outdated.  Just don't buy and wear them if you hate them!  I am a minimalist when it comes to accessories.  Hate all accessories.  To me they just get in the way of comfort.  I notice that those who accessorize a lot spend a good bit of time adjusting scarves, necklaces, bracelets, etc. keeping them from getting caught on things and in things, I'm too impatient for all that!  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I like them!  But I'm not so sure how adorable I look.