Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: And speaking of things that are outdated?

Well - I knit them so I think of them as works of art.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic  on yes, scarves as a headcover were something old ladies wore. The other day I went out to get the mail and put a scarf on my head. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hollysunshine wrote:

Hope those hugh scaves around the neck (forever scarves?) are gone. They look so bad on anyone. I know, I know you wear one and look adorable and everyone compliments you.

@hollysunshine 

You are talking about those thick eternity scarves that wrap around the back a few times and one looks rather like a turtle with a bit of head sticking out?

Not about all scarves as some who have replied seem to think. Definitely a fad/trend that will never be a classic look. People with very long necks might find them helpful or those in the middle of a snowstorm...

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone IRL wear one of those. I live in a warm climate so maybe that is why. I don’t even see many scarves of any other kind either.

I don’t really care what anyone else wears as long as I can wear what I like. I confess, there are more clothing styles you couldn’t pay me to wear than ones I like. I tend to like classic styles. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you,Wild. You actually read the whole message.

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
Respected Contributor

Hate them.  I can’t wear anything around the neck.  Glad cold shoulder is gone & next bell sleeves.

Respected Contributor

Scarves have been a fashion staple forever. I love scarves! They're not going anywhere, anytime soon!