Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: And speaking of things that are outdated?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Again, why do people have to make declarations about items not looking good on ANYONE and wishing them gone?

If you don't like big scarves, don't buy them and don't wear them.  Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be banned from fashion and just because something doesn't look good on you doesn't mean they don't look good on anyone.

I was just reading through reviews on a LTS item and SMH at the comment by one woman about a top looking good on no one over the age of 40.  SMH 

I see these posts as attention seeking.

It's kind of ridiculous to suggest scarves are a trend on its way out and look bad on everyone. They are everywhere because they are cute and functional.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Again, why do people have to make declarations about items not looking good on ANYONE and wishing them gone?

If you don't like big scarves, don't buy them and don't wear them.  Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be banned from fashion and just because something doesn't look good on you doesn't mean they don't look good on anyone.

I was just reading through reviews on a LTS item and SMH at the comment by one woman about a top looking good on no one over the age of 40.  SMH 

@Lipstickdiva I agree, it is quite a bold statement to make.

Honored Contributor

I was not referring to scraves in general,but the eternity or infinity ones. I have a few scraves myself and love them. And in this Michigan winter we are having I really need a scraf to keep my neck warm.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I see a lot of cold weather scarves, especially acrylic blanket plaids.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not wears scarves except for cold weather on an outerwear coat. I tried wearing them a few times as an accessory over a solid color top, but I just didn’t like them on me. I didn’t like the extra material around my neck. They can look very nice on other women. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bought a scarf at Steinmart on the drive home from work tonight. I enjoy scarves because I wear a lot of solids and colorful or printed scarves give a pop of color.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Scarves are definitely not "outdated" -- but I won't wear them anymore.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Scarves......the best friend of an aging neck!  I've noticed throughout the years many female news readers, especially those not right out of college, wear scarves.  I sure need the help, but only seem to be able to do scarves with a coat as a filler.  

Wish wearing scarves as a head cover would come back! (I am being facetious.)

If you've seen "The Crown" you have seen Queen Elizabeth II wearing them when she's in Scotland or with the horses.  

Respected Contributor

I think the length of one’s neck has a lot to do with comfort, especially with the infinity style. I cannot wear an infinity scarf if the fabric is bulky or even thick. It has nowhere to go but to push up and give me a double chin. I look like I’m wearing a neck brace. 

Perhaps it’s not scarves themselves that are outdated but the ways in which they are worn or styled.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

As a sewer, I would love to know how you make them.

Thanks Cat Happy