Honored Contributor

Re: And speaking of things that are outdated?

I'm not a fan of scarves for myself, b/c l feel they overwhelm me. I'm fairly tall, but have a small face. However, some women do look good in them, IMO. They're just not for everybody.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don’t like the way I look in scarves.I’m petite & feel they overwhelm my frame. I do like how they look on taller 

women.

@NicksmomESQ   I like wearing scarves as a way to add color to my outfit...and fill in the neck on a cooler day. I double it & twist it in a toursade fashion before tying it in a loose knot...I prefer solid colors or a very small print.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing outdated about scarves. But if you dislike or can’t carry one off, just don’t wear them😉
Honored Contributor

Again, why do people have to make declarations about items not looking good on ANYONE and wishing them gone?

If you don't like big scarves, don't buy them and don't wear them.  Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be banned from fashion and just because something doesn't look good on you doesn't mean they don't look good on anyone.

I was just reading through reviews on a LTS item and SMH at the comment by one woman about a top looking good on no one over the age of 40.  SMH 

Honored Contributor

Some women have a real flair with scarves and others not so much. However, I would never tell anyone what they should wear or not wear. If wearing forever scarves make a woman feel confident, what's exactly "outdated" about that??

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Some women have a real flair with scarves and others not so much. However, I would never tell anyone what they should wear or not wear. If wearing forever scarves make a woman feel confident, what's exactly "outdated" about that??

@Trinity11   Forgot to ask. What the heck is a “forever” scarf? 

Trusted Contributor

Not for me... I’m petite and I have never found a scarf that didn’t overwhelm me...plus I feel like I am being strangled.   They do look nice on taller people. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus, I think of it as a rather large closed loop of fabric that you can even wear as a top. I find regular long scarves work better for me as I really enjoy tying scarves in different ways. The closed loop, I am all thumbs with. Just me, I guess.....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus, I think of it as a rather large closed loop of fabric that you can even wear as a top. I find regular long scarves work better for me as I really enjoy tying scarves in different ways. The closed loop, I am all thumbs with. Just me, I guess.....

@Trinity11   Ah, thanks for the clarification...an infinity scarf.

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I believe she meant an infinity scarf.