Respected Contributor

Half Tuck = Here today, gone tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear a half tuck with my jeans often, but prefer it on the side.

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo 

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

I believe the half tuck trend is the result of the proliferation of leggings and skinny pants, where women want coverage in the back, but not the volume in the front which cuts the body in half, and can look unbalanced, or frumpy. Half tucking provides asymmetry which lengthens the body visually and accentuates the leg and the waist.

@Love to Run 

Exactly! that and those darn long a** tunics! lol

A simple tuck can knock off  (the look of) 10 pounds! especially if you're an hourglass like myself. Defining the waist always takes off inches...

@Andreatoo the cute twist front sweater you ordered is the perfect solution, so cute. I also like an aymmetric top (not hankercheif hem).

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

I believe the half tuck trend is the result of the proliferation of leggings and skinny pants, where women want coverage in the back, but not the volume in the front which cuts the body in half, and can look unbalanced, or frumpy. Half tucking provides asymmetry which lengthens the body visually and accentuates the leg and the waist.

Good point, @Love to Run, but wouldn't one want to cover the crotch area of leggings too?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Amy's half tuck

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

Good point, @Love to Run, but wouldn't one want to cover the crotch area of leggings too?

Only the ones that give CT!😉 (which means they shouldn’t be worn to begin with)

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

If that's what you think, don't copy her look.  

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

Only the ones that give CT!😉 (which means they shouldn’t be worn to begin with)

@AmericanBulldogMom amen to that! I guess that's why I only own one pair of leggings outside of my workout gear.Smiley LOL

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

I love the half tuck. I am petite and it allows me to wear so many more tops. It’s hard to find the right length in tops for petites so this half tuck fad has expanded my wardrobe so much. So it works for me. 

Trusted Contributor

I've never been able to half or full tuck anything!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

If that's what you think, don't copy her look.  

@chrystaltree 

I don't copy anyone's look ... I have my own style!  Smiley Wink  

(For the record, it wasn't the fact she had a half tuck, it was the fact that the shirt fabric was too stiff for that style and made a bulge above her waist band.   Bad fabric choice on Amy's part for her half tuck.)