Honored Contributor

The half tuck on her pink striped shirt looks awkward when the camera shows her from the side.

It's not supposed to stick out like that.

Honored Contributor

Is it really that important?

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

The half tuck on her pink striped shirt looks awkward when the camera shows her from the side.

It's not supposed to stick out like that.

I didn't notice (doing something else and not paying close attention), but I would guess it might be because she changes quickly during the show.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if there is a right way to do a half tuck or is it anything goes, like anything else.

Honored Contributor

At least she didn’t tie it in a ridiculous knot.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I wonder if there is a right way to do a half tuck or is it anything goes, like anything else.

See, @blackhole99 , just the fact that you ask this means you're not a half-tucker. Like me, you'd probably try hard to get it right, whereas the whole idea is for it to look as if you didn't try. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Actually, from what I've seen, the half tuck can be done in several ways.Smiley Happy

Related image

Related image

Image result for examples of different half tucks

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To me, half tucks look like someone went to the bathroom in a hurry and didn't tuck everything in.  Sorry, but it does to me.  

Respected Contributor

At least it's not strapless like her outfit a couple of weeks ago on a Dooney & Bourke show.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I see exactly what you mean! There's not enough of a slit at the hem for it to lay properly. I personally would have done a full tuck on a blouse like that

It looks odd knotted in the front too