Trusted Contributor

Re: Amy - pls allow guest to speak

I agree compleeeeeetly!

Honored Contributor

@Big Joaniewrote:

I also am driven nuts by the cadence of her speech ...

" Easy Pay ends ... attttt... theeeee endddddd of the dayyyyyyyyy

@Big Joanie  An excellent imitation of her. 

Valued Contributor

Let meeee climmmmbbb into this xxxxxx smmmaaallll !!!!

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

Lately she's got this weird thing where she drags out her words. Making up these sentences but it's what she does. "You're going to looooooooove this shirt and today is the ooooooonly day it's on easy pay". "If this is a cooooooooolor you love, order it now because it's on the veeeeeeerge of selling out". And it's becoming more and more frequent that she does this.

This is something Amy has always done. I like her but I must admit it makes me cringe every time.

Valued Contributor

I wanted so to watch Brooke but just couldn't because of the host's constant chatter.  She is cute but Brooke would have been better by herself or maybe Jayne.

Respected Contributor

Something has changed with Amy, just in the last few months. She used to be somewhat pleasant to watch, now I can't change the channel fast enough when I see her. She seems to be in a frenzy more often, her hair is a mess. I can't watch!

Occasional Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

Lately she's got this weird thing where she drags out her words. Making up these sentences but it's what she does. "You're going to looooooooove this shirt and today is the ooooooonly day it's on easy pay". "If this is a cooooooooolor you love, order it now because it's on the veeeeeeerge of selling out". And it's becoming more and more frequent that she does this.

@shaggygirl ...OMG, I had to change the channel last night it was soooooo badddd!  Unfortunately, I couldn't possibly enjoy her presentation/show with all the nonsense and the constant "dragging" out of her words.  It's really gotten worse and is absolutely ridiculous.  I can think of no other host that does it this bad.  Some do occasionally, like, "this is so gooood", but Amy is over the top and cannot complete a sentence without it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoveTaLoveYawrote:

@shaggygirlwrote:

@shaggygirl ...OMG, I had to change the channel last night it was soooooo badddd!  Unfortunately, I couldn't possibly enjoy her presentation/show with all the nonsense and the constant "dragging" out of her words.  It's really gotten worse and is absolutely ridiculous.  I can think of no other host that does it this bad.  Some do occasionally, like, "this is so gooood", but Amy is over the top and cannot complete a sentence without it.

Yes it's so strange how lately it's become more and more and more of that dragging out business. I wonder if she even realizes that she's doing it? One would think that someone there would take her aside and point it out to her and work with her on shaking that habit. I know she has a speech impediment prounouncing the letter L but this seems more like just a deeply ingrained habit now.

Honored Contributor

Mountain Dews have a lot of caffeine in them. Just saying.

Respected Contributor

For my money, Amy is the BEST fashion host on the Q. She knows her stuff and is always sweet and kind. That girl looks good in everything....just love her.