Honored Contributor

Re: Amy please stop saying "her" and "she" when referring to clothes.

[ Edited ]

Not sure why everyone is jumping on this OP. thinking  It's just an observation of a practice she/he (boy avatar) finds annoying.  I'm sure many of you also find it annoying but are choosing to jump on this poster instead.

In addition, Amy has the speech impediment that makes her difficult to listen to (for some of us, anyway.) However, some here get all bent out of shape when that issue is mentioned.

When you speak for a living, these issues cannot be off limits.  Not saying she's not a nice person, or that she isn't likable, but every host has quirks that grate on someone's nerves.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of unkind comments about the host

Occasional Contributor

The original poster was right, I use to get annoyed at Shawn because she actually started referring to objects as specific genders and please do not tell me to change the station as maybe I am interested in what they are showing and another thing I detest people who refer to womens breast as "girls" they do not have a gender either and I certainly would not want to see a "girl" that looked like a breast.

Super Contributor

she quit whispering at the camera like so many complained about so I think she reads these.  

Nothing bothers me me more than Susan G saying "linth" instead of length.  Ugghhhhhhh

Respected Contributor

Adam, if you check a dictionary, there are two ways to pronounce "length." Susan's way is one of the correct ways.

Trusted Contributor

For me, the problem is about repetition.  The hosts/vendors pick up a word or phrase and then start using it to describe every item.  If they only used it once or twice in a show, it wouldn't bother me, but when every item is "everything," "money," or "she/her," it starts to get very annoying.  

Respected Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Adam, if you check a dictionary, there are two ways to pronounce "length." Susan's way is one of the correct ways.

I have heard other vendors use "Susan's pronunciation" as well -- Beth from Marvelush and at least one other. It's a regional pronunciation, isn't it? I also remember hearing someone in a movie pronounce strength as "strenth" in much the same way and thought of these discussions about Susan!

Trusted Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Here's what I think about referring to clothes as "her" and "she"--

IT'S STUPID.

DITTO!

Valued Contributor

I was watching the TSV and she refers to the shoes as "she" and a group of them as "the ladies."   It does not make me want to purchase them.  It does not personalize them to me.  Funny sales tactic.

Contributor

I'm guessing your favorite expression is "You kids get off my lawn!"