Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy please stop saying "her" and "she" when referring to clothes.

Amy got that affectation from Shawn.  I find it annoying as well.  Another reason why I have pretty much stopped watching shows that feature either of them as host.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Here's what I think about referring to clothes as "her" and "she"--

IT'S STUPID.

I ignore all that silliness as much as possible, but I have to agree with you, it is STUPID.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Tho I don't care for gender references re to clothing, I love Amy.  She has great fashion sense, loves clothes and describes them well.  However, it is acceptable and quite common to personify clothing in the world of fashion.  Maybe because they love clothes?  it doesn't bother me. 

Honored Contributor

Why come to the forums and tell Amy to stop saying something that annoys you?  You're wasting your time. She's not here.

Why not go right to her Facebook page and tell her directly?  I am sure she would do whatever you ask her to do so you're not annoyed when watching QVC.  And, since she would have your name and could identify you, maybe you could keep in touch and share opinions and hints occasionally.

It's a win-win solution.

Honored Contributor

I have way more important things to worry about.

Honored Contributor

There have been other threads about this very topic that are probably still here on this forum.

While no it's not earth shattering, I can't stand it either.  It's ridiculous.  Therefore, I don't watch anymore.  I was one that was really looking forward to this new Monday night lineup but for me, it's been pretty horrendous.

If I'm not watching, I'm not buying.  Good for me, bad for QVC.  But I won't watch and go through the frustration.

Speaking of mispronunciations, I did see a little of Shawn and Isaac and caught the whole sepia, is it a long e or short e, debacle.  LOL    

Regular Contributor

Wow ... the OP was making an observation .... instead of attacking her, let's discuss this like adults:

Seriously, last night, poor Amy had too much caffeine .... when I saw her chewing on something, then running to the camera and putting on lip gloss, I thought, "Where is her producer?"    Her actions were so unprofessional, I actually was embarrassed for Lori.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Inspired Style is a disaster. Amy is impossible to understand: she doesn't enunciate; she talks too fast; and it sounds like mush in her mouth. Additionally, she has zero selling skills: uninterested in giving silly details like rise, inseams, fit, fabric, waist, you know those insignificant details. It's hard to determine what she thinks she's supposed to be doing, like selling online clothing. Just a spectacle.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Inspired Style is a disaster. Amy is impossible to understand: she doesn't enunciate; she talks too fast; and it sounds like mush in her mouth. Additionally, she has zero selling skills: uninterested in giving silly details like rise, inseams, fit, fabric, waist, you know those insignificant details. It's hard to determine what she thinks she's supposed to be doing, like selling online clothing. Just a spectacle.

I don't know why you think you need all those little details to order clothing from tv.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva  That sort of banter always makes me smile.. IMO  He will not let her get a "bye" on anything... he holds her to the letter, and I think he often does this to "bait" her!  Their interaction is very enjoyable to me...

oops... my post was rather O/T!  A designer (IM) started the whole thing about referring to styles as "her," didn't he?  

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~