Respected Contributor

Re: Amy please stop saying "her" and "she" when referring to clothes.

This certainly isn't a post-worthy topic by all means. 

I've heard things referred to as she or her, like cars or motorcyles, and boats, musical instruments.  Not a real big deal.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I don't think it's up to a fellow poster to decide what is"post worthy." it was worthy enough for you to comment on it.

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I don't think it's up to a fellow poster to decide what is"post worthy." it was worthy enough for you to comment on it.

It's no my decision .. just my opinion.  Take it or leave it.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

Although I do not refer to clothes as "she" I do not pay attention to that.  I guess that she is trying to be hip.  It is like it is personalizing the items.  I just ignore it.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The OP would have loved Albany during her shoe show today.  First she pronounced the name of the Alegria shoe as "Allegra", the allergy medication.  The she had a wine shoe called rouge that she pronounced as "rogue".  Whatever happened to familiarizing yourself with your goods before selling them?  She did say Aerosoles instead of Aerosols like everyone else.  I don't know which is correct.  The company rep and JRT say Aerosols.

I don't know what else she said as I couldn't take any more.

She did pronounce Alegria incorrectly at the beginning of the show (I heard a-LEG-ria, with the accent on the wrong syllable, rather than Allegra), but she pronounced it correctly later during the sell. As for the red shoe, she pronounced it as it was listed/spelled on the screen and is still listed/spelled on the product info page -- rogue. Someone may have intended for it to be "rouge," but it is indeed listed as "rogue," and the product rep did not correct her at any point when discussing colors.

Respected Contributor

Here's what I think about referring to clothes as "her" and "she"--

IT'S STUPID.

Honored Contributor

Folks who suffer at references to gender biased items, KEEP THE FAITH.

There is a movement afoot to TOTALLY replace ANY gender focused pronouns with gender neutral ones.

While some of us were taught that subject and verb should "agree", the gender free pronouns would eliminate all concerns about such things.

The movement has been broached to the halls of government, where consideration is being given to it in some quarters, pushing to the background such frivilous notions as the death penalty, voters' rights, and reducing the national debt.

Oh, right- the cost of this critical initiative in terms of documents, teaching materials, and anything else presently shackled with gender focused pronouns will certainly run into the multimillions, but breathe eay- your QVCexperience will no longer offend by referring to a bra as "she".

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My goodness!!!  Is this so important that this needs to be a topic?  I can only imagine how difficult it must be having to live with someone who is so critical of innocuous things such as this.  Maybe LUVNLIFE, needs to GETALIFE..  P.S. (I purposely put the three words together..or I'm sure I would be scolded by the OP for it being grammatically incorrect.)

@luvnlife wrote:

Amy Stran is really difficult to listen to because she refers to inanimate objects with a gender. This sounds really uneducated. Please stop.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

Amy is a great host. I rather hear her than some of the other hosts with slang words. She describes things very nice. So maybe it's a she or her. Who cares! 

Trusted Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Here's what I think about referring to clothes as "her" and "she"--

IT'S STUPID.

That's my feeling exactly.

True, it's not that big a deal, but I find a lot of slang, that trying to be "hip" thing, very off-putting for a good long time.  Then, I'm ashamed to say, I eventually get used to it, and even start saying whatever it is, myself.

I'm still hoping the word "amazing" will become stale, because during the Amy/ Lori G shows, not a sentence can be uttered that doesn't contain "amazing". So tiresome.

Another overused phrase, which I can't begin to understand, seems to be "it's everything".  Where in the world did that come from?  Isaac uses it, and Lori Goldstein does too, and I find it so silly.

I don't expect these guys to speak the King's English, but the same stupid phrases, over and over. 

I watch for a while, when I've had enough I just have to change the channel.

What else can you do?