Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@KarNan wrote:

I agree about the SPEED of Amy!  And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Ms Extra extra small, stop saying how much you ate and how much weight you put on after one meal!  

Amy needs to stop that kind of talk, there are impressionable young girls and teens watching these shows. They do not need to hear that their worth is tied up in their weight. LR used to make all kinds indirect remarks about women of size and short stature. LR would constantly say, the air smells better up here and taller and thinner was her on air mantra. At this point, IMO there is nothing cute about Amy Stran anymore. By the way, didn't LR mentor AS.

Neither do woman, but body shaming on this forum is a regular occurence.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Sometimes you just need to put down that coffee cup ...!!

Trusted Contributor

@KarNan wrote:

I agree about the SPEED of Amy!  And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Ms Extra extra small, stop saying how much you ate and how much weight you put on after one meal!  

I also thought those comments on her eating and weight gain were ridiculous.  

Esteemed Contributor

Amy's the perky one.

Contributor

That's her personality.  I enjoy her.  She does a great job!!

Honored Contributor

Amy does deserve kudos for enthusiasm ... appears to love her job, etc., etc.

My issue is MY issue.  I really, really, really don't care for certain regional speech patterns.  Not her fault ... it's me.  I can't watch for more than a few minutes.  

For me ... her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.

Super Contributor

So only plus sized women are allowed to talk about/be insecure about weight? Body shaming applies to people of every size! As someone who lost 110 pounds and is now generally a size two, I still have things I don't like, or want to camouflage. I used to be bugged by the "I'm an xxs" comments, but seeing it from the other side, I realize that all of us are subject to body image issues. Women need to support one another!!!

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”