Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy is bringing ""HIP"" to QVC~!

On 3/24/2015 dex said: I workout five days a week and walk every night.I am thin but my stomach is the biggest part of me.It used to be almost concave and overtime it has grown into my biggest body part.Thanks menopause.

Hi dex,

The "power surge" will do that. Me too. I got the Q's Body Blade, and it has really helped me. It's expensive, but if you keep up with it it'll work. If you've had babies, I don't believe you'll ever see "concave" again. 8)

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 magicmoodz said:
On 3/24/2015 Ford1224 said:

My girls wouldn't watch QVC if 16 year-olds were hosting it.

Ford, that is funny! I think QVC should better spend their money on getting some decent still shots of merchandise for sale. Young people DO shop online--A LOT. I have a niece and nephew, 18 and 20 respectively, and they are masters at ordering things online. They just would never think of sitting and being entertained by a host hawking those goods.

Exactly. So 30-year-old hosts or 50-year-old hosts would not make any difference.

It's the products, and the Q is way, way off with those. Who wants to watch a Vitamix mix 30 different things, all with the same silly result. It mashes them or crumbles them. You only have to see it once.

And a vacuum cleaner? Any vacuum will inhale little pieces of stuff on a tile floor or a rug.

Pots and pans, electric grills . . . they all cook food.

And ladders? Dangerous for anyone.

Electronics? The kids know more than the vendors and hosts do.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Maybe she should have left it where she found it

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 BRANDONLEE said:
On 3/23/2015 ellaphant said:
On 3/23/2015 imaclotheshog said:
On 3/23/2015 ellaphant said:

Like Amy and Courtney, fresh and stylish! Jill, Leah, and Jayne have all gained weight and dress terribly. Can't believe it when they sell 'fashion'...

No comparison between these two sets of women, IMO.

Amy and Courtney are young women in their late 20s or early 30s.

Jill, Leah and Jayne are all middle aged women, 40+ and are likely in perimenopause/menopause and so that may be a reason for the weight gain. Jayne Brown had a hysterectomy several years ago so she is definitely in menopause. Being menopausal can cause weight gain for many women as they deal with hormone and maybe thyroid and other body changes. Just sayin.

oh PLEAAASE! The menopause excuse is ridiculous. My weight is LESS than it was in college and I am over 55! Women use this as an excuse. Regular exercise and eating correctly will take weight off and keep it off. All 3 women are young and should not be so out of shape.

The menopause gain is totally true!I have been 115lbs most of my life now in my forties my weight is creeping on me,mind you i eat healthy and run 5 miles a day.

I gained 20 lbs during menopause and lost it ten years later when I came down with RA. I now weigh the same as I did in high school . . . it has all just changed location, that's all.

I eat very little because I have to make up for not being able to exercise. I eat two waffles in the morning with Smart Balance and cinnamon sugar on them, or I eat oatmeal with cinnamon sugar on it. And a cup of decaf.

Between 3 and 4 PM I eat whatever I'm going to eat for "dinner," and it fits in a soup/cereal bowl.

Sometimes I have ice cream if I have it in the house. A pint will last me a week.

I don't think it's what one eats, I think it's portions.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2015 magicmoodz said:

My girls wouldn't watch QVC if 16 year-olds were hosting it.

Ford, that is funny! I think QVC should better spend their money on getting some decent still shots of merchandise for sale. Young people DO shop online--A LOT. I have a niece and nephew, 18 and 20 respectively, and they are masters at ordering things online. They just would never think of sitting and being entertained by a host hawking those goods.

Exactly. So 30-year-old hosts or 50-year-old hosts would not make any difference.

It's the products, and the Q is way, way off with those. Who wants to watch a Vitamix mix 30 different things, all with the same silly result. It mashes them or crumbles them. You only have to see it once.

And a vacuum cleaner? Any vacuum will inhale little pieces of stuff on a tile floor or a rug.

Pots and pans, electric grills . . . they all cook food.

And ladders? Dangerous for anyone.

Electronics? The kids know more than the vendors and hosts do.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

That is so true!

Ford, I think your move is coming up soon. I am so happy for you and your daughter and wish you much happiness in your new digs!

Frequent Contributor

On 3/24/2015 3star said: Shawn and Amy wear the ripped jeans look, is QVC featuring this look? If this is a current trend, and it is, why are the jeans presented on the Q? If they aren't in the current inventory, why are the hosts wearing an unavailable item on a style show?
Lisa used to wear torn jeans, too and I wondered if they were available until she said her Dad couldn't understand why she would pay hundreds of dollars for a pair of jeans ripped to shreds. When she mentioned the price, I knew they weren't from the Q.
Esteemed Contributor

There are many "perfect" posters on this thread who,will,be more than happy to share with us poor, ignorant folks the necessary steps to obtain weight nirvanah. Eat healthy foods and exercise regularly? Who knew???
Honored Contributor

My son was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea which the doc says can be the cause for weight gain.we will see if the clap works for him....sometimes genetics takes control of your body and leaves you struggling
Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

If Amy is supposed to be the epitome of young, stylish and hip (which I don't think she is), then maybe QVC should be selling the clothes/shoes she's wearing. Not much good to project that image yet still sell the same old, same old Denim and Co, etc.

This I agree with! The SHOE SHOPPING with Jane TARGETS a certain audience. I think QVC is trying to attract more modern and trendy and fresh clothes/shoes/ apparel. The shoe shopping with Jane is just NOT ME! All the shoes look lame and just not in fashion. I also think the Gili fashions are trying to attract a younger 20-30's and yes 40-60 that want to dress modern. Just my .02 cents

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 KathyPet said: There are many "perfect" posters on this thread who,will,be more than happy to share with us poor, ignorant folks the necessary steps to obtain weight nirvanah. Eat healthy foods and exercise regularly? Who knew???

LOL! Exactly! Would love to lose a good 15 pounds!!! If it was so easy everyone would be "THIN". lol