Respected Contributor

Re: Amy is bringing ""HIP"" to QVC~!

You wanted opinions on Amy. I can't watch her for more than two minutes. She seems very impressed with herself.

Regular Contributor

Amy is a doll and looks great in everything. I wish her only the best, but am just not seeing any reason to tune in on Mondays. I saw about ten minutes, and that horrible mucous green sweater of Isaacs. Hideous. I refuse to watch Lori and Shawn. Already enjoying Bates Motel. Good luck Amy.
Super Contributor

On 3/23/2015 ellaphant said:

Like Amy and Courtney, fresh and stylish! Jill, Leah, and Jayne have all gained weight and dress terribly. Can't believe it when they sell 'fashion'...

No comparison between these two sets of women, IMO.

Amy and Courtney are young women in their late 20s or early 30s.

Jill, Leah and Jayne are all middle aged women, 40+ and are likely in perimenopause/menopause and so that may be a reason for the weight gain. Jayne Brown had a hysterectomy several years ago so she is definitely in menopause. Being menopausal can cause weight gain for many women as they deal with hormone and maybe thyroid and other body changes. Just sayin.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 wildcat fan said: Since you asked what we think, I'll just say that I disagree.

I agree... Don't care for her... Don't find her appealing... the gushing, the whole hyper thing, the rushed speech... annoying. Without exception, I elect not to watch her...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2015 iluvhandbags said:

Like Amy and Courtney, fresh and stylish! Jill, Leah, and Jayne have all gained weight and dress terribly. Can't believe it when they sell 'fashion'...

Good grief, woman! Can you ever make a comment without bashing someone's weight??

Sorry, but it's true. The 3 of them look bad!

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2015 imaclotheshog said:

No comparison between these two sets of women, IMO.

Amy and Courtney are young women in their late 20s or early 30s.

Jill, Leah and Jayne are all middle aged women, 40+ and are likely in perimenopause/menopause and so that may be a reason for the weight gain. Jayne Brown had a hysterectomy several years ago so she is definitely in menopause. Being menopausal can cause weight gain for many women as they deal with hormone and maybe thyroid and other body changes. Just sayin.

oh PLEAAASE! The menopause excuse is ridiculous. My weight is LESS than it was in college and I am over 55! Women use this as an excuse. Regular exercise and eating correctly will take weight off and keep it off. All 3 women are young and should not be so out of shape.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think they look bad....sometimes they are not styled correctly or sized correctly.
Valued Contributor

On 3/23/2015 wildcat fan said: Since you asked what we think, I'll just say that I disagree.

Hip? Vogue-ish? InStyle-ish? Dream on! I leaf through those too and she's not anywhere near as stylish as those girls. And they ARE girls. I can't imagine the young women reading those mags would touch QVC with the proverbial 10-foot pole. But if you envy/copy her and believe you are hip, more power to you.

"would some power the giftee gie us to see ourselves as others see us." (paraphrase.

Frequent Contributor

Love Amy's look. She's one host who always looks great.
Honored Contributor

Amy has good fashion sense and puts clothes together well. Not a fan of her hosting style. She often acts silly and is far from polished. I think things will fall into place in time.