Valued Contributor

Re: Amy calling Lori....Laura?

yes I know what you mean...the ignore button is good...not saying anything is better.

Trusted Contributor

It is possible since they are friends and spend time in New York together that Amy has called her by her name outside of the QvC presentations, For all we know, Lori may have told her that she doesn't mind being called whatever people are saying Amy calls her. I highly doubt that it has never come up in conversatin between them.
Esteemed Contributor

Geez Lori called Amy, Aim and Amy called her Lor; she knows her name...if Lori minded she would tell her during a break. They work together every week; Amy goes to her studio...probably friends...talking about a speech impediment is just cruel and I don't hear it ....as someone stated, if she has a disability....good for QVC ....and if you look like Amy and wear clothes so well....she doesn't have to say much...she is young, pretty and sweet. A working mom, cut her a break!
Occasional Contributor

On 3/30/2015 maximillian said:

Yes, but Amy is adorable so it doesn't matter.

I guess it doesn't matter that Ms. Amy can't speak English either. It doesn't matter that she describes a sexy dress as "risky" instead of "risque" and "climbs into" into her favorite blazer.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Penellope said:

She is saying "Lor", and Lori is calling her "Aim". Ick, it all sounds forced. And while we're at it, I had to change the channel when Amy kept saying she or the models needed to "climb into" another shirt because a color sold out.

You are not alone Penellope! I also heard the "climb into" phrase in reference to a blazer. A girl loves to "climb into" her favorite blazer--something like that. I guess we climb into our clothes now. I changed the channel and felt relief.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't matter to me about climbing into clothing....it doesn't change the meaning, I understand her meaning...if I like the clothing she is climbing into, I will buy it. In the NE, we speak our own Language.
Occasional Contributor

I was surprised when I heard what I thought was Amy saying, "Laura". It didn't sound like a nic name, it sounded like an error/mistake. I hope Amy doesn't continue with this. I'm a little old fashioned, I'll admit, I just feel that there should be a level of professionalism and respect for someone of Lori's caliber!