Honored Contributor

Re: Amy & Lori's comments tonight to Jackie, the model...

Much flippin ado about nothing. yawn

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I spare myself all the angst. I don't watch Amy or Lori and most certainly not Amy and Lori...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I never watch the Lori show or any of the Monday night shows for that matter since to me they have become unwatchable. Having said that, and not having seen the incident being discussed here, I do believe in general that the larger-sized models are not given the same amount of respect as the small and XXsmall sized-models. It is not anything you can put your finger on but to my mind it's a general feeling that runs through most of the fashion shows. If you watch enough of the fashion-themed shows it's not hard to miss. I know some will jump on me and say they're just teasing or being cute but I'm sorry to say I don't think that's the case. And even if it is, that kind of "teasing" isn't necessary on a nationally aired show going into millions of homes.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Super Contributor

Fashionista17, I watch a lot of the fashion shows and what you say is not true. Every host I have seen with Jacque adores her.
Esteemed Contributor

I also detect an undertone from Lori that I find offensive. I won't buy her products and frankly, they only look nice on very thin models. Even Lori can't pull off the look of her own designs very well. When she comes on, I turn the channel.

Super Contributor

I see this has more to do with not liking the vendor than the subject matter....
Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching Lori after her comment to Jackie about three weeks ago....

Lori clearly said we put Jackie in brighter colors because she (Jackie) isn't as pretty....only she stopped herself mid-way through pretty...and silence ensued in the room...there was no kidding around....though Lori tried to make it seem that way to break the silence....

I felt so sorry for Jackie....

Esteemed Contributor

I'm amazed at the pictures... what a beautiful woman! I could have sworn that a couple of pictures of Charlize Theron got mixed in there. I've always thought she is one of Hollywood's most beautiful women, and she and Jacqui look so much alike in Jacqui's younger pictures. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the show several weeks ago when Lori put her foot in her mouth. There was a little stunned silence there as she tried to save the moment...too late.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Stevie201 said:

Men jab each other in an intellectual way and females jab each other in a catty way. I don't like it either; I think that kind of joking around sounds ridiculing and somewhat condescending. Unfortunately, that's the nature of females.

OMG, I do so not agree with that!! And I worked with mostly men for 40 years. They are as petty, catty, and downright nasty as any woman. I have seen men come very close to physical contact several times in a professional environment. Nothing intellectual about it!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986