Honored Contributor

Re: Amy - Couldn't believe my eyes

Money,  it is all about the money.  Amy is

a poor host.  She ran after Lisa like a 

puppy.

Sure could have been worded differently so as not to be so offensive!!!   Just will never understand the need of some to be so awful.  So poster doesn't like her - why the need to be so hateful!!!...

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Many women work a lot harder than Amy and make a lot less money.

That is so true.

I work hard, but I have a friend who works at Panera in management, works far more hours and makes less money.

Life is not fair.

I also have a friend who works in retail in management, and she works about 60 hours a week and is not compensated well.

Outside sales usually compensates more and QVC sales compensates very well!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

Hi Win

Just stopping in to see what's new! Saw your post & wanted to say HI. Miss the good ole days on the board LOL! Hope all is well with you, it's been a long time!

Honored Contributor

"You know who" was away and not available to fill her usual 4 hr. Monday night Q fashion slot. I think IM prefers Amy for her quick wit, style (no long black shark hem dress each week) and although didn't see Lori, I think the PM Style Show was fast paced, fun to watch (Amy changed clothes a lot to show different looks w/ items for sale) and I didn't miss "you know who" one bit.

Honored Contributor

@ByTheBay wrote:

Hi Win

Just stopping in to see what's new! Saw your post & wanted to say HI. Miss the good ole days on the board LOL! Hope all is well with you, it's been a long time!

OH MY GOSH...I was thinking of you last week.  HOW ARE YOU?  What's been going on?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

just curious.....how does everyone know that her husband is a stay at home dad?

Thank you.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  Also, someone mentioned Amy is a hands-on mom.  How do you know that?  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I can't believe some of these posts. I really can't. And that they've been allowed to stand. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Who knows how much money she makes? I believe the original post specifically brought up the fact that she is a Mom of 2 and went out to CA to work and then worked in PA the next day. I just can't imagine that a male host who was a father of two young children would be a subject of the same discussion. As in who is caring for his kids when he's working these hours. 

Nope, no one would even think twice about it if it were a man. IF they did, it we be more like how hard working he is and wow how devoted he is to his job,  certainly nothing negative or questioning his commitment to his family or how money hungry he is. In fact, he'd be praised for how good of a provider he is for his family  with all the money he must be making (assumption, of course)..

these threads just slay me.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I can't believe some of these posts. I really can't. And that they've been allowed to stand.  

I agree . And ironically, we as QVC shoppers can't post advance TSV info.

But gossip, ripping into Q employees & families is 'acceptable'.

Makes ya' wonder  Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm only guessing that many/some moms would appreciate this situation.  (I would.)  Even though her schedule is ever-changing (more or less), Amy has plenty of time to be with her/their children.    So, all in all, they have a good family life, and I'm sure the children are very content. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).