Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy - Couldn't believe my eyes

@fthunt wrote:

I'm not a fan of Amy nor any of the host but..............didn't I see her last night in Beverly Hills and now she's working PA tonight.  OMG couldn't QVC find another host (Jill, Jane, Marybeth or one of the new gals) to work tonight.  Amy has 2 kids - flew coast to coast twice and they assign her for Monday night.  The Q has no heart nor smarts anymore.

This is her job.  It has nothing to do with QVC having heart or smarts.  She was hired to do a job, and she's doing it.  It's certainly possible to have a time-consuming job and also be a mother. Women have been doing that for decades.

It's condescending to women to say that she needs extra time off because she traveled and has children.  Men travel and have children, and it's no different.  Plenty of people come back from business-related travel all the time and go right back to work.

Super Contributor

Amy's husband is a stay at home dad, so this alone really frees up Amy's time to be able to work, and travel for work when necessary. When you're a television personality, you have to strike while the iron's hot.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

I'm not a fan of Amy nor any of the host but..............didn't I see her last night in Beverly Hills and now she's working PA tonight.  OMG couldn't QVC find another host (Jill, Jane, Marybeth or one of the new gals) to work tonight.  Amy has 2 kids - flew coast to coast twice and they assign her for Monday night.  The Q has no heart nor smarts anymore.

@fthunt

I don't think QVC's "heart" has anything to do with it.   The kids are home with daddy, and in good hands.  Most of the other female hosts are mothers, too.  So what?   They still need to go to work.

I think they just built a house too.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt  Amy gives new meaning to the title of "busy mom".  Her work schedule does seem a bit much; she must have a supportive hubby. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Biting the bullet on this one.  How pathetic!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Just because someone is a mother doesn't mean they do not have to do the job they were hired for.  Taking a job like this is a choice.  To think any company should not require a mother to do the job she was hired for is setting all women back.  A man has to do what is required in his job.    

Frequent Contributor

Not just Amy.  There are a lot of us working moms who travel and have job expectations.  Nothing different than a lot of people.

Honored Contributor

Wise up!   I think Amy really wanted to get back in time to host the LOGO show, so the sales figures $$$$$$$ for that show didn't go to the credit of another host.  She took the redeye she said - it was perfectly do-able.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sameolmollysmama wrote:

Amy's husband is a stay at home dad, so this alone really frees up Amy's time to be able to work, and travel for work when necessary. When you're a television personality, you have to strike while the iron's hot.

ITA

If her husband is home with the children, I think that's fine.  I assume she makes a lot of money and made more money than her husband when he worked.  I call on quite a few female physicians whose husbands stay at home with the children.  The women are career minded and make more money.  

I am sure Amy gets a lot of time off and spends time with her children.  She seems like a great mother.  She's not my favorite host, but she's passionate, and she obviously has high sales or she'd not be garnering the peak time slots and the highly watched shows.

I still don't understand why Courtney doesn't get better time spots.  I think she's stylish, adorable and a good host.  It baffles me.  Her sales may  not be as high but perhaps they'd be if she got better time spots and could show her talent.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

This isn't the 1950's

Thanks for posting this, as I often can't tell when on these forums. And Wed, and Thurs....

bec696-20170111-time-machine-tuesday.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"