Respected Contributor

Re: Amusing Article Re: Yoga Pants

I can't access the article, but I've read a few things and I think i get the  the gist. I think what this is really all about is sexuality and propriety. Who has the right to dress sexy and at what age does "sexiness" go away? When it has gone away, do we have a right to dress in a way that defies the obvious, and when we are in our prime is it right to flaunt it because someone( powerful industry) designed clothes that allows us to reveal the wares and call it practicality and prudence because it decreases friction and is good at wicking sweat away? Guess we all have our own ideas about these things and there is no "one way" to do anything.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles!  I'll have to remember the term "the wares"!  

Funny.  In my community, most of the women are a bit older, but try to stay in good shape. No one is trying to be sexy. We just wear the type of clothing that works for our activities. 

I've also seen negative comments on this board about women who wear "sneakers".  (Aka running or athletic shoes) 

Respected Contributor

@septemberwrote:

@DiAnnewrote:

I wear yoga pants but only to yoga class.

I wear them to yoga class, too, but have no time to change either before/after.  So if a run an errand before or after my class...there I am, wearing my yoga pants !   

Have never understood why people on this board think this is "wrong".  

This board is hilarious for the stunning amount of "rules" people put on the simple wearing of clothes. 

Maybe it's because I live in an active community and casual/athleisure dress is the norm, but I seldom see women out and about in dress pants. 

I have no qualms about wearing yoga pants or leggings or joggers or the myriad other styles people here feel are not fit for human eyes.  Woman LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

sweatpants? I don't like the material they're made of, the stuff does not breathe well, it holds moisture and it's too thick. I don't own any yoga pants though, I don't like the loose fit. I prefer leggings. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have been working out 5times a week....elliptical and some weight training....I usually wear my PJ bottoms LOL...they are from Kohl's and super thin....then a tank shirt....I get very warm and sweat during a work out so the idea of having anything on that is like hosiery/yoga pants would be just to hot for me.  In spring summer I have super thin very loose fitting crop pants (come to just below my knee) air can flow up and around easily....I can't do shorts as I have the worlds ugliest thighs that I don't want to see them either!  

If I began going to a class or gym I don't know what I would wear that would be presentable but not make me miserable.  Woman Surprised