Honored Contributor

I've had Amazon Music as part of Prime since the beginning - all the CDs I bought from Amazon over the years - I can listen to them online.

Just signed up for Unlimited - got 90 days free then at $7.99/ month.

I'm listening to Bob Dylan at the moment ... then some Rod McKuen, then ...., then ..... 

Respected Contributor

I listen to regular Amazon music, too.

I listen to a lot of BTS. I love their music. It is very soothing to me.

I have never signed on for the monthly fee one.

What do you get for the money?

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

Unlimited - 70 million recordings according to blurb.  There are some concerts.  

Check out the Amazon Music page ....

Esteemed Contributor

We are really happy with free version; Echo (plus Dots plus Tap) everyone in my household (7-77) love it.  No need for their monthly fee service.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz I'm using the free version as well.  It picks similar music to the artist I am interested in, as well as a tune or two from the requested artist.  Since I don't use this all the time, the free version it good enough for me.  

I think Amazon had a super deal at one time where you got lifetime music for a small fee (under $100).  I guess it got too popular and they took it away.  I would have sprung for that if I had known about it.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Thanks. Good to know. I'm using Spotify when walking and exercising. Not thrilled w/ the selections. It's on my cell and bluetoothed to my hearing aids. Ain't technology grand...sometimes? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I have both IHeart and Pandora and while they seemed great at first I found they repeat too much! And I didn't get the impression my thumbs down made a difference....Linkin Park again??!!

I'm very pleased with Sirius XM and if I want to explore someone new (to me) that I've heard then I just go to youtube.....

Remember Napster?? Between that and IRC channels I must have a gazillion MP3s on my old computer!

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Music

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo  We have SIRIUS in the car...keeps changing channel numbers and content, no? We basically used it for car trips instead of trying to tune in local stations. 

I mostly enjoy classical music when painting or just around the house in general. We have a wonderful local public radio station with a 24 hr. classical playlist. 

I'm finding the older I get, the more out of touch I am with current music selections. I tend to stay with Oldie Goldies.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Andreatoo  We have SIRIUS in the car...keeps changing channel numbers and content, no? We basically used it for car trips instead of trying to tune in local stations. 

I mostly enjoy classical music when painting or just around the house in general. We have a wonderful local public radio station with a 24 hr. classical playlist. 

I'm finding the older I get, the more out of touch I am with current music selections. I tend to stay with Oldie Goldies.

@Shanus 

If you have a subscription you can use it on your phone and/or computer too.

The channels haven't changed. There's a plethora of stations in EVERY genre including sports, news and comedy. If it's just me I tend to keep it on Lithium (90s rock) and Outlaw (red dirt) and my husband likes Hair Nation (he's younger than I) and Bluesville.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo   Thanks, good to know. Just haven't tried the phone or computer since no need for it.