Contributor
I know this topic has been discussed many times on this forum and I am aware that QVC shopping is wonderful for people who do not live close to brick and mortar stores but the Q's prices lately are ridiculous. I have been a loyal QVC shopper for over 25 years and have bought lots of merchandise from them. Lately though, with the advent of online shopping, coupons and free shipping, QVC seems to be falling behind in terms of competing in a very competitive marketplace. Yesterday, I went to the local outlet mall and found 2 beautiful pairs of beautiful dressy ankle pants at Banana Republic Factory that were 50% off with an additional 20% off coupon. Each pair cost me $27. Who wants to pay almost $60 with shipping costs for pants that can be better quality at a lesser cost? Not to mention, why does it cost $3.50 to ship an item and $6.95 shipping to return the same item? I have loved being a QVC shopper over the years but, sadly, I cannot afford to continue to shop QVC with their prices being no longer competitive.
Trusted Contributor

I totally agree, the prices are ridiculous...even if you don’t live near any stores, they all offer online purchasing and many have free returns.  I find the sales are sometimes even better online.  I have to really stop and think about a purchase from the q these days, first, do I really need it? Second if it doesn’t work I have to pay to ship it back, lots of times that’s more than what I paid out initially in easy pay so I’m losing money.  I think for me it’s impulse purchasing which I’m trying to work on🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I have always been a mall shopper for clothing...and only buy a few things on line....sizing and return costs are the main factors.  Free ship day is about the only time I purchase clothing on QVC and it still costs be to send back, just not worth it to me anymore.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I still like QVC.  And I don't have the time  nor do I care to go to malls to look around.  I see things on QVC that I wouldn't know existed.  Like Isaac's lace pants for example - love them.  And I  just ordered the Key Lime pie.  So many other items for the home and garden.   Yes they have their faults.  They do tend to be too expensive and the shipping is bad.  But it seems they're trying to correct it.  And I've honestly never had any problem with their shipping - maybe because I live in PA.  Many other retailers have free shipping but others are just as expensive - Chico's for instance.  

Respected Contributor

i used to purchase a lot of clothing from the Q, but not anymore.  i am just not willing to pay the prices they are asking these days.  

Respected Contributor

1 of 2 things will happen:

QVC will go out of business because of it's poor business practices that you have listed.

Or B-QVC will continue to do business & life will go on.

Contributor

I totally agree. Q prices have got to the rediculous stage and priced me out.  I mean ..$50 for a tee.  I can get three or four of equal or better quality from Kohls. Susan Graver prices are way over the top too and much as I like Denim and Co I have to say I'm done. Can do better locally or on line with free shipping.  I'll still be a Valerie Parr Hill shopper but thats all for me.

Valued Contributor

I had a chuckle when I saw Just My Size  clothing on the Q. I used to see this brand at Walmart and they have an online store with the same items. 

Trusted Contributor

@FranandZoe : Just an FYI that if you sign up for Chico's Passport...it’s not a credit card..you build points but you also get free shipping on everything and if I remember correctly as it’s been a while you get 5% off. Works in the store also

Honored Contributor

When it comes to any shopping, especially online, Shop Around !  I could kick myself over a recent purchase. I saw a pair of Dr. Scholl sandals on the Q, they were 60.00, free shipping. Nordstrom had them for the same price, also free shipping. I chose Nordstrom because the shipping is faster. A few days later I was perusing the DSW site and the same sandals were 39.99, free shipping. A few clicks and I could have saved 20.00. There are many options out there, and I should have followed my own advice.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan