Honored Contributor

Re: Amal Clooney steps out in a black mini for 5th anniversary

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz I think saying she looks like a hooker is an attack on her character. Unnecessary, you can dislike her outfit without saying that. That and comments about her weight can be left out of the fashion discussion.

I can only imagine if such comments were made about certain other well known women here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

She has great hair. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that she could have worn a more flattering outfit. She’s an accomplished woman and doesn’t have to try so hard to look fashionable. And to give equal time to her husband, in the original post he is starting to look like David Santa Claus Letterman.

Honored Contributor

I have never thought her beautiful, rather , striking instead, and don't care for her taste at all.

Respected Contributor

From the waist up she looked fine.

In my opinion, the skirt made her look ridiculous.  Way too short, showcasing scrawny legs and aging knees...very unattractive.

I don't see that saying "she looks like a hooker" is bashing her character....it is talking about the look of her ensemble, not her as a person.  To me it looks "costume-like."

And yes....she can dress any way she likes, and I'm sure she doesn't care what my opinion is.    I have a busy day ahead, so this is the extent of my thoughts on the topic!

Honored Contributor

Pretty lady, but her legs are too slender for those boots and for the short, short skirt.  Not a fan of the look on her.  (Or him!)

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@magicmoodz I think saying she looks like a hooker is an attack on her character. Unnecessary, you can dislike her outfit without saying that. That and comments about her weight can be left out of the fashion discussion.

I can only imagine if such comments were made about certain other well known women here.

@Greeneyedlady21 

I totally agree. I wasn't condemning or condoning anyone else's thoughts. I was simply trying to explain my own critique before I posted.

I think I read you had an event to which you wore the beautiful green (Calvin Klein???) dress. I am sure you looked and felt wonderful!

Trusted Contributor

Yikes🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

I understand critiquing her outfits.  This is the fashion board.

To tell her she needs to eat or she has chicken legs goes beyong commenting about her fashion choices.  

It's sad to see people body shaming others. It says so much more about them and not their target. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Even if I had no idea who Amal were, I'd take one look at that picture and wonder why a woman of her age thinks a skirt that short is attractive on her.

I so often read posts saying age doesn't matter.   Someone ought to tell that to the legs of women over 25.  I swear that for women about 25 to 45, their legs often give away their age more than their faces!  

Two or three inches on that skirt could conceal at least that many years of her age!