Trusted Contributor

Re: Amal Clooney steps out in a black mini for 5th anniversary

She is intelligent, successful and gorgeous.  99% of the time she looks stunning. I like everything she is wearing except that the skirt is too short.  A knee length leather pencil skirt would have been a better choice.

Trusted Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I chuckled when I saw this thread and found out we were critiquing Amal's clothing and not George's. George dressed in a pair of "dad jeans" with an overgrown beard and polo shirt reminiscent of 1985. LOL

Why?

I'm always more inclined to look at what women are wearing, as I'm interested in and buy women's clothes.

Maybe if he were in GQ or at an industry function. Otherwise, nothing of interest to me. 

Why you ask @ILTH ? Maybe because George looked so out of place with his always fashionable young wife. Yet we continue to see lots of put-downs of Amal no matter what she wears....

That's a specious argument. This is a fashion forum. He's not wearing or trying to wear fashion. 

@ILTH Ummm everything one wears is "fashion". I don't see any way Amal tried to distinguish herself as "wearing fashion" other than stepping out of her home.

That's naive or disingenuous. She knows she's being photographed and published. She dresses, very much, for the camera when she steps out.  Celebs have PR people that alert their preferred outlets where and when. 

@ILTHIs he not a celebrity as well?

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I chuckled when I saw this thread and found out we were critiquing Amal's clothing and not George's. George dressed in a pair of "dad jeans" with an overgrown beard and polo shirt reminiscent of 1985. LOL

Why?

I'm always more inclined to look at what women are wearing, as I'm interested in and buy women's clothes.

Maybe if he were in GQ or at an industry function. Otherwise, nothing of interest to me. 

Why you ask @ILTH ? Maybe because George looked so out of place with his always fashionable young wife. Yet we continue to see lots of put-downs of Amal no matter what she wears....

That's a specious argument. This is a fashion forum. He's not wearing or trying to wear fashion. 

@ILTH Ummm everything one wears is "fashion". I don't see any way Amal tried to distinguish herself as "wearing fashion" other than stepping out of her home.

That's naive or disingenuous. She knows she's being photographed and published. She dresses, very much, for the camera when she steps out.  Celebs have PR people that alert their preferred outlets where and when. 

@ILTHIs he not a celebrity as well?

Yes. He, apparently, doesn't have much interest in fashion. I don't believe he ever did. His fashion has always been pretty perfunctory. Clean, tailored and basic for industry functions from what I've seen and recall. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot    Not that I have to explain myself to ''you'', but for your information, I was at work !

LOL

@QueenDanceALot- I also have to LOL.  If I'd spent time reading the forums and polling guys about that picture while I was supposed to be working, I'd have been called on the carpet.  (Not the red carpet, you understand.  Woman Wink )

Why are you jumping in and continuing this mean nonsense. It's easy when you are hiding behind the key board. Are you a bully in your day to day life I doubt it! 

@manny2 

You know what the real bullying is?

Passing a photo around and making fun of a woman's legs.

Respected Contributor

I think whatever she chooses to wear, she wears it well.  This photo is no different.  I think she looks nice.  Maybe they were going to a comedy club or a trendy restaurant for dinner and wanted to be casual and hip.  Maybe they were meeting up with some friends and having a fun time getting together w/friends they don't see that often because they are so busy and just wanted to be comfortable.

She does have glorious hair.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Amal.

Whenever I see her name, I always ‘see’ an N.

😆

And it always catches me off guard.