Frequent Contributor

Re: Amal Clooney steps out in a black mini for 5th anniversary

Good grief, she’s trying to be chic and up to date, failed miserably and George, could he look more “meh”, really acted like he cared (not) it was an anniversary celebration!
Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot    Not that I have to explain myself to ''you'', but for your information, I was at work !

LOL

@QueenDanceALot- I also have to LOL.  If I'd spent time reading the forums and polling guys about that picture while I was supposed to be working, I'd have been called on the carpet.  (Not the red carpet, you understand.  Woman Wink )

Why are you jumping in and continuing this mean nonsense. It's easy when you are hiding behind the key board. Are you a bully in your day to day life I doubt it! 

@manny2- I could ask you the same question.  I wasn't directing my post to you, so why have you jumped in?  Are you hiding behind your keyboard and trying to bully me?

And you are also just "continuing this mean nonsense" by your post.  Do you feel better though for having said it?  If so, good.  This whole thread with demeaning comments about a successful, professional, decent woman because of what she's wearing for a date night is appalling.

And to the point:  polling men to ask their opinion (while at work)?  SMH.

Honored Contributor

WOW!  Although I know very little (except she married George) about this woman, that I do not want to know.  This must be the most polarizing person ever discussed here. Some are just rabidly supporting her and will not tolerate an opinion otherwise.  What is it that this woman does to create such disdain for your fellow civilized people.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

WOW!  Although I know very little (except she married George) about this woman, that I do not want to know.  This must be the most polarizing person ever discussed here. Some are just rabidly supporting her and will not tolerate an opinion otherwise.  What is it that this woman does to create such disdain for your fellow civilized people.  

I don't think it has anything to do with Amal Clooney. We have  lot of bullies on this forum, and when you call them out they do not like it. They always have to come back with the last word, which is interesting to me because it proves my point.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of her fashion choices are stunning, others are flops. This look would be great except that the mini ages her, like she shopped a teen's closet. 

Respected Contributor

I think she always looks great. I love her style.

So many fashion experts on this board who I am sure look impeccable at all times. lol

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

So many fashion experts on this board who I am sure look impeccable at all times. lol

It's a Fashion Forum where people discuss clothes and their taste and takes on clothes. 

I believe you just stated yours. Good for you. You love her style. I'm sure you're impeccable and the arbiter of good taste, too. 

lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

It's a Fashion Forum where people discuss clothes and their taste and takes on clothes. 

I believe you just stated yours. Good for you. You love her style. I'm sure you're impeccable and the arbiter of good taste, too. 

lol

I'm really tired of people using that excuse. The comments here go well beyond not liking the skirt or outfit. "It's a fashion forum so I can post whatever nasty comments I want about how someone looks." Amal wasn't on a runway modeling fashion. She was going about her life. Just because someone is famous doesn't mean it's ok to tear their looks and clothes apart. If you think so, then I guess there's nothing more to discuss.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I'm neither as tall or as thin as Amal, also not rich, lol. As you can see from George's clothing, they weren't going somewhere "fancy", just an evening out together. She is wearing a skort. I'm 25 years her senior, so while I wouldn't wear anything that short, I see no problem with her wearing it for a fun night out with hubby. And, btw, just my opinion, but....her legs aren't all THAT bad, as some said. This thread just makes me SMH. ROFL
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Age and everything else aside, the outfit simply doesn't flatter her...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...