Honored Contributor

Re: Amal Clooney steps out in a black mini for 5th anniversary

I just looked up the definition of "Middle Age." It is the years between 45 and 65. So Amal should keep rockin those short skirts. LOL

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot    Not that I have to explain myself to ''you'', but for your information, I was at work !

LOL

@QueenDanceALot- I also have to LOL.  If I'd spent time reading the forums and polling guys about that picture while I was supposed to be working, I'd have been called on the carpet.  (Not the red carpet, you understand.  Woman Wink )

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Mutton dressed as lamb.

She's 41. Personally, I consider that pretty young...

@Trinity11 She's too old for that outfit in my opinion.   She is a respected professional woman.  I'm an old woman who thinks it's a little degrading for women, especially those who are middle aged, to have to dress like that for attention.  Women are worth far more than their bodies. 

@Sooner, I think my definition of middle age and yours probably differs.

She was out on a date with her husband, not appearing in a court room. Maybe she wanted a little attention from her husband and in my world, that's OK.

@Trinity11 I base my middle age thinking on the simple math.  Up to 30 you are young; 40-50-60 middle age; 70-90 you are elderly.  Ninety plus is very old.  Not many people make it and many who do have issues.   It's just a statistical fact.

You may be healthy, not feel your age, not act your age, but that doesn't mean you are still young at 50. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Mutton dressed as lamb.

@Trinity11 She's too old for that outfit in my opinion.   She is a respected professional woman.  I'm an old woman who thinks it's a little degrading for women, especially those who are middle aged, to have to dress like that for attention.  Women are worth far more than their bodies. 

She was out on a date with her husband, not appearing in a court room. Maybe she wanted a little attention from her husband and in my world, that's OK.

@Trinity11 I base my middle age thinking on the simple math.  Up to 30 you are young; 40-50-60 middle age; 70-90 you are elderly.  Ninety plus is very old.  Not many people make it and many who do have issues.   It's just a statistical fact.

You may be healthy, not feel your age, not act your age, but that doesn't mean you are still young at 50. 

According to the stats I just looked up in my post above...middle age starts at 45. However, I think it all starts with how we think. Some people are old at 40 because of the way that they think and others at 100 like my aunt, are playful and no one would ever describe them as "very old."

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Mutton dressed as lamb.

According to the stats I just looked up in my post above...middle age starts at 45. However, I think it all starts with how we think. Some people are old at 40 because of the way that they think and others at 100 like my aunt, are playful and no one would ever describe them as "very old."

@Trinity11 Absolutely.  Some of us are silly and like to be outrageous; some work to be taken seriously; some want to be seen as hot and some don't; some us are afraid of looking like an old fool (that's me) and some think what I call "old food" is cute and so on.  It's all in who you want to be and we're all free to decide what that is. 

But statistically that doesn't change anything.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Mutton dressed as lamb.

@Trinity11 Absolutely.  Some of us are silly and like to be outrageous; some work to be taken seriously; some want to be seen as hot and some don't; some us are afraid of looking like an old fool (that's me) and some think what I call "old food" is cute and so on.  It's all in who you want to be and we're all free to decide what that is. 

But statistically that doesn't change anything.

Well then @Sooner, Amal has nothing to worry about because she still won't be middle age for 4 more years according to every statistic I found for the definition of middle age; 45-65.

Honored Contributor

Why can't a respected professional woman wear a sexy outfit on a date with her husband?

Just because some people think she's too old to wear it seems like a silly reason not to.

Respected Contributor

I think Amal is beautiful but I don't care for this skirt on her. I think she would have looked a lot "hotter" if the skirt came to just above her knees. As far a George goes, I don't think he needs money and he definitely does not spend his money on fashion. All the pictures that I see him in except at special events, he is in jeans and a shirt. Good for him. I just lost my mother at 93 and she definitely did not define herself as old. Even up to the last weeks before she died, a man who lived in the ALF came to see her and she was embarrassed because she did not think that she looked good enough. She enjoyed her life and I think that mindset helped her live a very long time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Burberry work outfit she wore last week

20190930_151028.jpg

Stunning!

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot    Not that I have to explain myself to ''you'', but for your information, I was at work !

LOL

@QueenDanceALot- I also have to LOL.  If I'd spent time reading the forums and polling guys about that picture while I was supposed to be working, I'd have been called on the carpet.  (Not the red carpet, you understand.  Woman Wink )

Why are you jumping in and continuing this mean nonsense. It's easy when you are hiding behind the key board. Are you a bully in your day to day life I doubt it!