Trusted Contributor

Re: Amal Clooney steps out in a black mini for 5th anniversary

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I chuckled when I saw this thread and found out we were critiquing Amal's clothing and not George's. George dressed in a pair of "dad jeans" with an overgrown beard and polo shirt reminiscent of 1985. LOL

Why?

I'm always more inclined to look at what women are wearing, as I'm interested in and buy women's clothes.

Maybe if he were in GQ or at an industry function. Otherwise, nothing of interest to me. 

Why you ask @ILTH ? Maybe because George looked so out of place with his always fashionable young wife. Yet we continue to see lots of put-downs of Amal no matter what she wears....

That's a specious argument. This is a fashion forum. He's not wearing or trying to wear fashion. 

@ILTH Ummm everything one wears is "fashion". I don't see any way Amal tried to distinguish herself as "wearing fashion" other than stepping out of her home.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

I got several men's point of view on those legs...They all said..."No, they were not attractive, way to thin, skin and bones''.  They all preferred the Jennifer Lopez leg...got to ''have some meat on those bones'', they said.

@sarahpanda 

Seriously?  In the middle of the night you polled several men about her legs in this pic?

P.S.  Maybe she doesn't care what some random men think of her legs.  She's got George who seems to like them quite well.

ETA:  I don't like this outfit on her.  As someone else here said, she either hits a home run or fouls out.

Honored Contributor

Amal comes from a very wealthy family and she is a lawyer so she is use to money.  She wears very expensive clothes all the time.  She is tall and very thin and looks good in anything.  Clooney made sure he married into money.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot    Not that I have to explain myself to ''you'', but for your information, I was at work !

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot    Not that I have to explain myself to ''you'', but for your information, I was at work !

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

She was on her way to an anniversary dinner with her husband.  I bet he LOVED it.  I'd bet he is who she dressed for.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I chuckled when I saw this thread and found out we were critiquing Amal's clothing and not George's. George dressed in a pair of "dad jeans" with an overgrown beard and polo shirt reminiscent of 1985. LOL

Why?

I'm always more inclined to look at what women are wearing, as I'm interested in and buy women's clothes.

Maybe if he were in GQ or at an industry function. Otherwise, nothing of interest to me. 

Why you ask @ILTH ? Maybe because George looked so out of place with his always fashionable young wife. Yet we continue to see lots of put-downs of Amal no matter what she wears....

That's a specious argument. This is a fashion forum. He's not wearing or trying to wear fashion. 

@ILTH Ummm everything one wears is "fashion". I don't see any way Amal tried to distinguish herself as "wearing fashion" other than stepping out of her home.

That's naive or disingenuous. She knows she's being photographed and published. She dresses, very much, for the camera when she steps out.  Celebs have PR people that alert their preferred outlets where and when. 

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Amal comes from a very wealthy family and she is a lawyer so she is use to money.  She wears very expensive clothes all the time.  She is tall and very thin and looks good in anything.  Clooney made sure he married into money.

?  He's worth about $1/2 billion on his own. 

Valued Contributor

Though many claim age is just a number...the significant age difference between George & Amal becomes even more striking as is shown in this picture of them.  The perfect example of this of what they may look like as time marches on is Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones...dear god, he looks half dead next to her!  Douglas has lived a hard and fast life and has not aged well at all and George is not far behind him...so sad for both of them...both very talented and handsome actors earlier in their acting careers.

P.S.  Amal's clothing choice looked out of place for her age, imo.    

Honored Contributor

JMO - The skirt is too short. The outfit looks out of proportion. The skirt is too short for the jacket.