Honored Contributor

Re: Am i out of touch or what?

@ECBG wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I don’t think that’s unreasonable for NYDJ crops. Those will be my regular work pants this summer, if we ever go back to the office.

@RollTide2008 NYDJ were always highly priced when I sold them at Dillards 10 years ago.  Their fabrics and findings are beautiful, so you really get what you pay for!

@ECBG   I'm a fairly good shopper. I never pay full price. I get my full length NYDJ for as little as $50 at Nordstrom Rack, Amazon, etc. Those are usually $110. 

Esteemed Contributor

Q might be out of touch or just price gouging.

So many great crops at Macy's and priced nicely with free ship.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Q might be out of touch or just price gouging.

So many great crops at Macy's and priced nicely with free ship.

QVC is not price gouging.

Trusted Contributor

QVC sells expensive clothes made in third world countries.  No way in hail I would spend $97 on a pair of jeans.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if you're out of touch, but if you called them "crop pants" instead of NYDJ pants, then yes, you're missing something.

NYDJ is a brand that sells at Nordstrom and other high-end retailers. It's not a QVC house brand and prestige brand names always command a greater price than something from Denim & Co or Graver. That's also why Barefoot Dreams things are more expensive. LOGO isn't sold elsewhere, but Lori's celebrity stylist credentials seem to earn her a much higher price, too.

Respected Contributor

I wear Denim &co. crops but at my height they are almost ankle pants. And they aren't $70.

Esteemed Contributor

Since it was brought up, NYDJ is also sold at Macy’s - regular prices are obviously the same, but looks like they have 30% off now. So, if anyone is interested, they may want to see what they have there first.
Respected Contributor

At a time when so many retailers are practically GIVING away clothes, I would never feel the need to pay $70 for a pair of cropped jeans.  I recently got a $138 leopard pump from Ann Taylor for $21 on sale.  I am not willing to pay full price for any clothing at this point in time.  It is actually a godo time to fill in your wardrobe for when times return to normal, because everything is so cheap!  Not at the Q, though.  

Honored Contributor

go to old navy or Macy's... you get coupons... really GOOD sales.  Also shop through Mr Rebates or the like for more discounts..... Pants like those would go for no more than $20. They are a rip off on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC is not price gouging.

@San Antonio Gal 

Saying this because of personal experience purchases. When Q has a designer or company (appliances, electronics etc.)make something for Q only customer it is always as cheap as they can get away with and with clothes you get the frumpy stamp.  This item does not look like a fashionable or youthful crop. When the designer said order a size down to fit the waist it already seem tacky. 

If you have dealt with this line you will know better than me.  I always respect your opinion. Looking at them on the models they scream no way. 

eta : have the type of legs that  that look great in a crop or capri so they are an item that I love and am fussy about so maybe that is why my judgement is so harsh.