Respected Contributor

just looking at the tsv and the q deal. Crop pants for $70? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Am i out of touch or what?

No.. your not out of touch..lol. I didn’t see the Q crop pant deal, but saw todays TSV . A bit ridiculous of a purchase for now. But people will buy it and I’m assuming these tsv’s were lined up and scheduled way ahead of the Corona pandemic..so it would make sense why it’s airing., just in time for the Spring-Summer season!
Esteemed Contributor

For me, that's a high price for crops, but doesn't bother me if others want to purchase.  I got some Land's End Starfish crop pants for about $24 on sale and those are plenty good enough for me.  😊

Honored Contributor

Cropped pants and capris are an easy pass for me. They hit on the widest part of my calves...not a good look for me. It's not that much hotter to wear ankle pants...only about 6"-8" longer on the leg and a leaner look.

Super Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

For me, that's a high price for crops, but doesn't bother me if others want to purchase.  I got some Land's End Starfish crop pants for about $24 on sale and those are plenty good enough for me.  😊

Love those pants , last forever .

Respected Contributor

I don’t think that’s unreasonable for NYDJ crops. Those will be my regular work pants this summer, if we ever go back to the office.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I don’t think that’s unreasonable for NYDJ crops. Those will be my regular work pants this summer, if we ever go back to the office.

@RollTide2008 ITA! I have a pair of gray crop pants from NYDJ and wore them all the time. Looked great with wedges, flats and sneakes.  I love the way they fit and look. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

just looking at the tsv and the q deal. Crop pants for $70? 

Quoting your OP title "Am i out of touch or what?" My response. .yes!  Do you not shop around?

There is a wide range of price points for crop pants depending on retailer and brand. Some retailers like Nordstrom offer a good selection of options.

I prefer good quality, fabric, fit and will selectively pay more than the average price point. But you can also score good price points for these items during special/clearance events. Lots of options to fit your budget and lifestyle! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@RollTide2008 NYDJ were always highly priced when I sold them at Dillards 10 years ago.  Their fabrics and findings are beautiful, so you really get what you pay for!

Honored Contributor

The price for NYDJ is spot on, but I don't purchase mine except if on sale. There's also a lighter weight fabric for summer called "Cool Embrace". Their site has been running a huge sale. I'd much rather pay 40% off  (discount on the site) than the retail price on Q w/ 5 or 6 easy pays. That just drags the payments out, but you still overpaid.