QVC Customer Care

Re: Am I the only one who thinks prices are outrageous?

Respected Contributor

So far ‘I haven’t paid 75 dolllars and up for a top at all.  I buy a ton of Susan Graver’s clothes.  Yes, the prices are up, just haven’t seen anything yet over 75.  

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I coudn't agree more...today I saw a really cute top with embroidery on the sleeves, kind of a peasant like top.  Then I saw the price - over $60 and that was before tax and shipping and handling.  It was a Kim Gravel top...no thanks...I'll look at Kohl's or JC Penney and I'm sure find something similar for a lot less!  I'm ordering a lot less clothing from the Q these days!

I am doing that too.  If I see something I like, I will look locally and find something similar.  I remember loving the embroidered denim and was able to find some at Walmart and they are comfortable and look great. I know this is random but I was at CVS and they had some nice cardigans.  Who knew lolSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

How bout KP plastic shoes for 100.00+. Crazy!

Honored Contributor

I am reminded of something Ruth Gordon once said. I am an old broad, and have lived a long time. At no point in my life, has anyone ever said, whoopee we are so lucky to be alive now, because things are so cheap, Everything has always been expensive, and it is always going to be.

Honored Contributor

I dont buy unless its on sale or TSV, or As Is.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

I agree that the prices are high and I am shocked at how high they are sometimes.  If you see something you like and it seems over priced to you, there is always the push of easy pay.  This temptation and forgetting to mentally add in shipping is a huge problem for some.  If I were shopping in a store and saw an item similarly priced as one on the Q, I would not give it a second glance and would pass it by.  QVC stands for quality, value and convenience.  IMHO, convenience is the greatest truth.

Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

One possible reason for the increase in Denim & Co pricing is the addition of sizes 4 & 5X. These sizes take a lot of fabric and since QVC charges the same amount for all sizes, they are spreading the cost equally. Just my opinion. 

As for the rest of their clothing, everything is going up. Prices rarely ever come down. We just have to shop around to get the best deals.

The price of a garment should be highter if its a size 3X and up. Most retailers do that. Otherwise, its not fair to other buyers who purchase the smaller size. 

Respected Contributor

I'm glad that at this point in time I really don't need anything ....

Going to wear what I have ....

Valued Contributor

Hey, if I really want something I find a way to purchase but you should see the great "Buffalo" brand jeans I got at Costco for 5$ and a darling long sleeve, hooded sweater for 17$.  I just don't appreciate being taken advantage of.  The thrill of the hunt is so fun.  I'm not rich but I'm happy with what I have and the prices out there and the people telling me I have to have it are greedy.