Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who thinks prices are outrageous?

I haven’t even seen very many things for fall I want to order from QVC, but prices for simple tops that are now more than $75 and up is not reasonable imho. So many other places to find better quality and free shipping, and even better...more time to return things that don’t fit or you don’t like.  And they are the same price or less. I would not pay $100 or more for a pair of jeans unless it was the only pair I had. So far, the shoes for fall have also not interested me...chunky, clunky, and ugly! They remind me of orthopedic shoes. Maybe they are...but they don’t have to look like they are!

guess I will keep wearing the shoes I have.😉

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who thinks prices are outrageous?

You're probably not the only one.  I'm sure there are others that fit in this group.  That's why we have options.

Honored Contributor

You're probably the third or maybe the fourth person in the past week, or so, who has started a thread about high prices. Seems to be a popular subject and I can certainly understand why. I shop other places and save money that way. Q prices would make me go under the bridge if they were the only one in town.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess, I agree about the high prices, especially Denim & Co., use to be reasonably priced and also cute items!  Maybe that is why they are doing Easy-Pay so much!  

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

I coudn't agree more...today I saw a really cute top with embroidery on the sleeves, kind of a peasant like top.  Then I saw the price - over $60 and that was before tax and shipping and handling.  It was a Kim Gravel top...no thanks...I'll look at Kohl's or JC Penney and I'm sure find something similar for a lot less!  I'm ordering a lot less clothing from the Q these days!

Valued Contributor

I too am cautioned by the high prices.  I shop on Poshmark and Ebay.  I've been able to get some good buys there.  Sometimes oldies but goodies and sometimes something more current.  I just got one of Isaac's SOHO hoodies there for nineteen dollars. Issac's peplum cashmere sweater was 39 dollars.  I also buy Breezies underwear.  All of it is new.  You can tell by how it is folded.  Some even come in the lace bag. I think these are probably customer returns.  I've never had a problem with them.  You do need to look carefully at whether the seller allows returns.  I mostly buy things I already have when I want a multiple.  And Poshmark does not allow returns so you have to be careful there.  I mostly buy Issac, Graver, LOGO, Mackie items and J. Ripka jewelry.  Have got some great bargains. 

Respected Contributor

I would describe the QVC pricing more like non-competitive. They don’t compete well with other retailers for similar type items. That’s what bugs me. I get paying extra for quality and designer labels. QVC just charges a lot for ordinary things that would be cheaper elsewhere. I shop very carefully for wearable items at the Q. They often have very good deals too. Just a lot of overpriced things that aren’t special in any way and don’t exist outside the Q bubble, so it’s hard to understand the pricing. 

Trusted Contributor

One possible reason for the increase in Denim & Co pricing is the addition of sizes 4 & 5X. These sizes take a lot of fabric and since QVC charges the same amount for all sizes, they are spreading the cost equally. Just my opinion. 

As for the rest of their clothing, everything is going up. Prices rarely ever come down. We just have to shop around to get the best deals.

Respected Contributor

Shop very carefully, mostly buy on clearance or as is. Keep things on the wish list for free shipping day but their 3.50 shipping isn't too bad.  I just put a top in the shopping cart at Serengeti, and shipping for that one top was $10.    Macys has a lot of cute tops, sales and discounts often.  I like the JM brand, Karen Scott.  I really don't need much anyway.

Like most people, I shop everywhere--QVC, Marshalls, other onliners, LLB, Lands End, etc.  Wherever I think I'm getting decent value for the price.