Trusted Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who has no interest in

@Andreatoo : I wonder if the reason you prefer the zipper is due to that unbelievable tiny waist of yours. From the pics you post it does look like you wear zippered pants and they look good on you. I would think the pull on no matter style might not fit that small waist very well.

I have a good friend who does not have a tiny waist......just the opposite. She’s trim but has quite a large round belly....and very much prefers zippered jeans and pants. She does not shop online.

They look good on her as they fit her well. 

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie 

Thanks! But no I don't really have a problem with the fit I'm just not real fond of how they look and especially how elastic feels! I just have a real aversion to it. I avoid it on sleeves too! LOL My favorite leggings are the One World because they don't have elastic in the waist band. They're just a Ponte Knit so not only is it smooth it feels nice

Respected Contributor

Your nor alone. With the exception of sweatpants and pajamas, I will not wear a pair of pant with elastic with them. I lost 200 pounds and all I could wear was elastic pants. Those days are over.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow 

That is amazing!

You should be so proud of yourself! I know how difficult it is. I watched my coworker take off about a hundred pounds. He did it with meal replacements

Honored Contributor

LDO is featuring a zip front crop pant today in black, indigo, and white.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

My mother worked in a privately owned fine apparel store. She was always well dressed and watched what she weighed. She once told me that once you start wearing elastic waist pants, it is all over for you. I think of elastic waist pants and t- shirts as Garanimals for adults. Yes, I wear yoga pants and tees to the gym. I work hard to stay slim and fit. I enjoy wearing all different styles mostly casual. We all make choices every day.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

My mother worked in a privately owned fine apparel store. She was always well dressed and watched what she weighed. She once told me that once you start wearing elastic waist pants, it is all over for you. I think of elastic waist pants and t- shirts as Garanimals for adults. Yes, I wear yoga pants and tees to the gym. I work hard to stay slim and fit. I enjoy wearing all different styles mostly casual. We all make choices every day.

Well, mom isn't always right! LOL. I don't think it is over just because rheumatoid arthritis prohibits me from buttoning my pants. In fact, a person can be slim, such as myself, and still have issues with buttoning things. Sigh......

Honored Contributor

Outside of sweatpants, I will not buy them, not even in jeans.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

But @chessylady , not all tees are so casual. Most of mine are totally appropriate for many occasions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I used to feel like you OP.  I would not wear elastic waist pants or thought they might be a lazy type of dressing. About three years ago I responded to a poster on these boards, who asked who was Isaac Mizrahi’s target audience. And I wrote about the 24 7 stretch pants  and the waistband at length (loving them).   I wrote that post before I had my daughter who is now three. I was able to wear those pants through the majority of my pregnancy. And now after giving birth I have not been able to lose most of the weight BUT can still wear those pants. If I had a fitted waist band, in the traditional trouser type of paint. I would have to have a whole new wardrobe of bottoms. 

I do understand where you’re coming from and some days I’m too wish I had a true trouser. But the cost per wear of these other types of pants are more beneficial to me than a $50-$100 pair of trousers that might hang around for years or end up being donated.