Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who has no interest in

I used to think they were stupid. And I was too cool for them. But I recently ordered and received three pair of this type pant from Isacc Mizrahi's recent TSV (capri back slit pant) and I have to say, they fit nicely and I enjoy the comfort of them.  So now I can have a new style in my wardrobe. I thought they'd be baggy in the waist but they're not.  I don't LOVE the back silhouette where the elastic is but that will always be covered by a top so it doesn't matter.  I do agree with OP this is the dominant type of pant they sell on QVC and HSN.  I guess the sizing is more forgiving and therefore generates fewer returns.  I have zipper/button pants from LOFT and they need to fit exactly right, and when I'm between sizes it's very trying.  The pull up kind of solves that problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Not my first choice, but sometimes toddler pants work.

Honored Contributor

I'm okay with elastic waists for leggings and exercise gear, but I wear only zipper pants, jeans, and the occasional trouser.

I am not a full tucker ever, but even if I were, I would choose the same.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I have both zips and pull on pants.  I wear pull on pants with flat waistbands.  (I will not wear any pull on pant with gathered elastic in the waistband.)  I have never had them fall down on me.  I do have several pair of pants that have a button and zipper closure and wear them for for church, dining out, etc.  I am retired so I lead a casual lifestyle but I do care about how I look.  There is room in my closet for both types of pants, but I love a good pull on pant.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Imagine no choices not only in pants but all clothing. I will never understand all or nothing comments. Qvc isn't the only option for zipper style pants. Talbot's one of my favorites, Nordstrom's, Macy's. Listing only a few options. 

Dillard's also has an excellent selection of zipper style pants at reasonable prices.  I don't buy my pants from QVC. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

Elastic waist pull on pants?! Sure I have choices, elsewhere, but I happen to enjoy shopping online! And this is not exclusive to the Q! It's seeping into the other two channels. The vast majority of a nice dress trouser is a pull on pant! They have their place in leggings and athletic wear but it would be nice to find a pair of slacks here on this website that aren't an elastic waist. Unfortunately it's rare (here)

And it's not just the negative connotation that comes with them I don't like how they feel. Plus I don't find them very versatile (no tucking)

Perhaps from a business standpoint the powers-that-be think they get less returns? I don't think the vendors choose to do it but that the buyers insist on it. Especially after hearing one designer say that he thought elastic waist pants were matronly!

@Andreatoo 

I'm repeating your post as it seems many readers didn't respond to what you actually wrote.  It's pretty clear you already know where and how to shop.  

I am a little envious of you that you are [still] more comfortable in non-elastic waist pants.  I remember those days.  Maybe your "still" will never come.  

Do you remember when QVC had the Dialogue line?  In that line were some lovely work trousers, real trousers, with wonderful waistbands, pockets, front zippers, and more.  They were true workhorses, and were easy care as well.  I kept mine until just recently, and still kind of miss having them in my closet.  I don't expect QVC to bring them back, but I do think the Q would have a market for them if it did decide to do so

ETA: I just read your post about not needing work pants, so you can disregard the paragraph directly above.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Thank you. You're a doll Woman Very Happy

I actually have IM's 24/7, with the zipper fly, and really like them but they don't seem to carry them regularly. I got the bootcut deeply discounted but it would be nice to have the straight legs too...

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo   I was very happy to see @GingerPeach acknowledge the real meaning of your post.  To me it meant that you just wanted to check out other's opinions of having more zippered pants options on QVC, not that you wanted to see less pull on pants. Just more variety. I got it.Woman Happy

It was very interesting to read a lot of views on the subject,  but I thought for sure there would be more than just a few posters that would like more zippered pant styles from QVC's designers.  I guess not, so it seems that the shopping channels are really meeting the needs and wants of their target market.

I'll be buying my pants and jeans from B&M for now, like I've always done.  No problem, I'm very particular with fit so I'm used to having to try on all different ones.  And I still don't like those expensive QVC returns anyway.

Respected Contributor

I'm probably in that demographic that some people think wear nothing but pull on pants.  However, I wear jeans and dress pants with zippers.  The only pull ons I own are leggings and workout pants.  Those retailers who are basing their inventory on the "old ladies wear only pull on pants" theory are going to be going out of business, so sorry Sears! We who are of the Baby Boom generation are not aging as our parents' generation did.  We tend to be working long after typical retirement age.  We travel, a lot!   And we have money!  We have more disposable income and we like fashion.   So retailers, keep your pull ons for children who don't know how to use zippers! 

Esteemed Contributor

Before I retired I had a management position with a bank, and for years wore dress pants or skirts with a button and zipper closure. My problem then was that my waist was never my best feature! I struggled with tight waists for years when I wore them. My legs are thin so going up a size didn't work for me. Semi-dressy slacks with an elastic waist were a godsend for me - no more red marks around my waist from a tight waistband!

Now that I'm retired, my lifestyle is relaxed and I can find skinny slacks with narrow legs and an elastic waist - perfect for my figure! My irritation was always with the manufacturers who have no problem making men's slacks/pants with specific waist sizes and lengths, but have have always had a "one size fits all" mentality for women.