Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who has no interest in

Much of the time elastic in the waist works for me. I have very small hips in relation to my waist size. Most women's set in waist styles are constructed for the traditional " hourglass" women's shape.  Smaller waist to hip ratio.

A pull on pantt allows me to buy the smaller size my hips and thighs need and allows the flexibility in the waist I need.

I envy those with well defined waistlines. I'll never have one. I've been seriously underweight and still had no definite waist.  I've just learned how to dress my body type.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Much of the time elastic in the waist works for me. I have very small hips in relation to my waist size. Most women's set in waist styles are constructed for the traditional " hourglass" women's shape.  Smaller waist to hip ratio.

A pull on pantt allows me to buy the smaller size my hips and thighs need and allows the flexibility in the waist I need.

I envy those with well defined waistlines. I'll never have one. I've been seriously underweight and still had no definite waist.  I've just learned how to dress my body type.

@Ms tyrion2 

I have the same body shape ... but never envied the hourglass shape.  I very happy with the body I have.  

Frequent Contributor

I love pull on pants.   I am a female so I don't need a front zipper as all men do.    

Respected Contributor

I like pull-on pants with wide bands. They don't add bulk and help shape the tummy. I also like zippers with buttons depending on the pants. I don't think they are hard to find at all and have a ton of them too.

Every retailer has an online store to shop from. QVC isn't your only option. I find it strange that people limit themselves to just the shopping networks when there are so many stores out there.

I see so many threads complaining about too many V-necks, crop pants, cold shoulder, 3/4 sleeves, etc. and I'm thinking don't you know how to google?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

@Petite one wrote:

I love pull on pants.   I am a female so I don't need a front zipper as all men do.    

Following this logic women would only wear skirts. BTW I don't know of any men's athletic wear with zippers.  

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Wow! Nowhere in my post was I asking for a ban on pull ups nor did I imply that I didn't have choices! it was a post about MY preference and wondering if others felt the same about the proliferation of elastic ON THE SHOPPING CHANNELS.

I do shop elsewhere for pants but thanks for the many warm suggestions that that is indeed what i HAVE to do

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom 

I forgot to mention that the wider elastic/yoke is an improvement but I'm still not a fan of how they feel. And I still find a zippered/buttoned fly easier, for me, to get in and out of...

Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone who responded is "not" a female. lol
We all responded as to how we feel or what we prefer.
@Andreatoo, when I started seeing the posts suggesting we not know where to shop, I just SMH.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

LOVE "pull up pants."

i am not a "tucker" so i enjoy a clean look and line with no bulk or bulging when my shirt/top/sweater/tanks go on top of my pants. my favorites are a hollywood waist.

i also prefer no pockets in my pants.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Elastic waists stay up on me. DO not slide down and that is why I like them.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.