Trusted Contributor

Re: Am I the only one that prefers a beige or neutral shoe?

I don't have brightly colored winter shoes. I just have brown, tan, metallic, navy, and black. I only have one pair of bright shoes and they are a clarks sandal. I think that it is easier to wear neutral shoes. I am not the most fashionable person though, my style is fairly classic.

Honored Contributor

It depends, I usually match my shoes to my pants, navy shoes, navy trouser socks with navy pants. However, if I'm wearing all navy, I'll wear red shoes or boots. In the summer, I like pink or yellow shoes with white or cream.

Respected Contributor

I've always worn neutral shoes and bottoms (pants/skirts). The colors and patterns are in my tops. In fall/winter, it's black or grey. In spring summer, it's grey or tans/khaki colors. Denim is my neutral all year long.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Yes you are.

Honored Contributor

I love colorful shoes. I have just about every color. They make me feel good!

Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 DiAnne said:

I love colorful shoes. I have just about every color. They make me feel good!

I agree, they do. At one time people couldn't afford several pairs of shoes so they got black and brown. Now, we have options, I like options.

Honored Contributor

I like a neutral shoe. I own neutral or shoes close to my skin color in just about every style: pump, sandal, espadrille, and ballet flat. I tend to wear these shoes mostly in spring and summer with a bare leg. When I wear a brightly colored shoe with my bare leg I feel the shoe is taking over the outfit which I don't like. I have stopped buying shoes in bright colors for this reason; I end up never wearing them. In the fall and winter I am wear tights with tonal colored pumps or boots.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE the nude shoe trend and have several pair.

Even the princess in England who is tall and slender to begin with - looks better in nude shoes.

Honored Contributor

Perhap's Kate has large or flat feet and doesn't want to call attention to them.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/16/2015 wilma said:

I like a neutral shoe. I own neutral or shoes close to my skin color in just about every style: pump, sandal, espadrille, and ballet flat. I tend to wear these shoes mostly in spring and summer with a bare leg. When I wear a brightly colored shoe with my bare leg I feel the shoe is taking over the outfit which I don't like. I have stopped buying shoes in bright colors for this reason; I end up never wearing them. In the fall and winter I am wear tights with tonal colored pumps or boots.

I, too, have embraced the nude/blush shoe trend. I used to feel I needed to wear neutrals in black, brown or some other dark color so that my size 9 feet didn't arrive in the room before me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Now I am confident that a nude shoe just blends in with my skin tone and plays down the size of my feet.