Trusted Contributor

Re: Am I insane

hi @RoughDraft I called on QVC to step up its game because the one thing they do I like is offer wide shoes, which I need.  I also prefer supportive shoes, but I do like them to be stylish. Not many vendors offer this combination of features.  So QVC is my go to.

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@NYCLatinaLaw wrote:

@RoughDraft it is not just the price, it's the proice and the brand. Not impressive items at high prices - don't need them.  There was no outcry for ths brand of ordinary looking bags and shoes 

QVC has been bringing new brands of ugly shoes. I would rather they improved the sizing of their pretty and comfortable shoes like VIonc,so we could buy with confidence. 

Pikolino’s is a much more interesting brand than Vionic to my eye, and not as over exposed.

I am not sure what you mean by oversxposed but I agree we see too much on some of its styles.  I like the support they offer, that they come in wide and are often stylish.   But the sizing is hit or miss.

Trusted Contributor

Apologies if I offended anyone by characterizing Pikolinos shoes as ugly. Ordinary would have been a better word.  that is based on QVC's offerings of thids brand,, that I am otherwise unfamiliar with.  I was thinking about other brands that QVC added recently and generalizing.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Honored Contributor

This thread did a lot of good for me. I just ordered a brand  new pr of espadrilles from  ebay, by Pikolino...and I saved a bunch of moneyHeart

So ladies shop around . You can find a lot of bargains on the net..

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaLaw wrote:

@RoughDraft it is not just the price, it's the proice and the brand. Not impressive items at high prices - don't need them.  There was no outcry for ths brand of ordinary looking bags and shoes 

QVC has been bringing new brands of ugly unstylish shoes. I would rather they improved the sizing of their pretty and comfortable shoes like VIonc,so we could buy with confidence. 

And I can’t wear Vionic at all. I bought one pair, tried them on in my living room and lasted less than one minute. They hurt my feet.  So, for this shopper, I certainly don’t need to see more Vionics.  I’m just happy to see them bring in more brands.  I wish they’d do that with purses and skincare/makeup also.  The more the merrier. Lots to choose from then!

As for Pikolinos, they make terrific, quality shoes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The styles of these shoes are't my thing but they appear to be beautifully made shoes.

If I were interested in ordering, I'd check out Pikolinos website.  The one pair I just happened to look up to compare prices was $5.00 less and the website offers free s/h AND free returns.

Respected Contributor

It's all relative.  I myself like and have a few expensive handbags. I have seen this brand at Norstroms and the quality and leather is excellent.  Everyone spends their money differently and shouldn't be judged by how they spend it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@aubegirl wrote:

I can love a pair of shoes and think they are comfortable and then put them on one day and they hurt and I hate them.  Clothes and purses I can like and then decide I don't  like them.  Cannot imagine buying something so expensive.  

Know what I REALLY LOVE?

I love to see something FABULOUS that’s priced higher THAN I’D EVER PAY, then watch the item price go down, down, DOWN, then buy that item at a price that I CAN AFFORD!

Granted, there’s the risk that someone else may snag it before I get there, but that kind of adds to the fun.

Honored Contributor

One thing I have found about expensive shoes. I have never had to break them in. They are instant comfort  for your feet, and the sizing runs true every time