Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@RoughDraft it is not just the price, it's the proice and the brand. Not impressive items at high prices - don't need them.  There was no outcry for ths brand of ordinary looking bags and shoes 

QVC has been bringing new brands of ugly shoes. I would rather they improved the sizing of their pretty and comfortable shoes like VIonc,so we could buy with confidence. 

@NYCLatinaMe   If one doesn't "need"  them, there shouldn't be a problem.  One doesn't buy them.  I know I don't.

I do agree that some of the new brands are, if not ugly, perhaps unappealing, which would be another argument for not buying them.  Quite frankly, I haven't seen an attractive shoe on the Q for several years, which is why I buy mine elsewhere.

If a majority of Q viewers feel similarly, Q will have to step up its game.  Easy, peasy.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I am always surprised that people would care how I spend my money. 

Honored Contributor

Check out QVC's newest 'celebrity' brand ugly (IMO) shoes by Katy Perry, some are $150 and not even leather.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I insane

[ Edited ]

Pikolinos are made in Spain, one of the European countries still making high quality, well constructed shoes, the reason for the higher price tag.  For Europe, $225 for a handbag is not unreasonable. 

Has been around since the early 80's.  Some of their styles are recognizably Pikolinos.  

I have worn their shoes in the past.  Very nice and comfortable.  

Respected Contributor
Maybe it’s just not for you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

“Pikolinos” used to be a super good shoe brand. Do they still sell shoes? Worth every cent, they were.

@Foxxee - missed your comment- totally agree!

Honored Contributor

I saw them in a shop window ,and  liked what I saw

Respected Contributor

I can love a pair of shoes and think they are comfortable and then put them on one day and they hurt and I hate them.  Clothes and purses I can like and then decide I don't  like them.  Cannot imagine buying something so expensive.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love handbags and shoes.  I own A LOT, and have not purchased anything in awhile.  I am not familiar with this brand so I just took a look at what QVC is offering.  It looks like it's magnificently made and the styling is fashionable, yet classic.  I see a few things that I would purchase in a heartbeat.  I just watched some of the videos and the quality looks exceptional, but naturally I would have to hold something in my hand, and look at it person to know for sure.  I also like the look of the quality of leather used and their saturated colors.

For the person who would prefer that QVC concentrate on the Vionic brand...  why?  I personally hate that brand and find their shoes very uncomfortable.  The arch support for me is in the wrong place.  I've purchased and returned Vionic,  kept a pair of sneakers, but probably should have returned those too.   Done with that brand.

The price points are not inexpensive here,  but they are not crazy out of line either if well made, comfortable, they last, you love what you purchase, and you can afford what you buy.  

Price is relative.....  not only to what you can afford,  but also what you are willing to pay no matter what your income level.

Trusted Contributor

Only if you think everyone's taste and budget is the same.Smiley Happy

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson