Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 I agree with you that Macy's is a great place to shop online and order from!  Great prices too especiallly with cash back from credit cards and online sites.

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I consider myself a smart shopper.  I buy at consignment stores, ebay, local stores (Kohl's), and QVC.  I'd shop at Macy's if there was one in my entire state!  Yesterday I bought a pair of dark denim Time and Tru bermuda shorts at Walmart for $13.  I think that was a better value than either the Denim & Co. TSV or the Susan Graver ones that were on air yesterday.  But I have bought quite a few t-shirts this spring from QVC both for full price and some on the blowout clearance.  I needed nice t-shirts and they just were not available locally.  My small city has very little shopping left. 

@sandy53 

I would SO like to see a consignment store that has nice clothes.

Around here, the clothes in consignments have been washed to death.  I would just like a little more variety although I do shop online, I still appreciate feeling the fabric.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

If I buy something, I'll pay for it but I expect quality.

Usually, if I find a top here, they'll ruin it with "pork chop" or patch pockets.  No, and no.

@ECBG I love those pockets!  I can put my phone in it, my id cards, or keys for a quick run somewhere.  

I used to love their t-shirt dresses (I am wearing a neat sleeveless red one at the moment) but the last three I got were basically see-through gauze and they all went right back.  I don't think QVC will last selling junk like that--no matter what the price.

I have always shopped here because I knew the quality of what I would get.  Not any more.  Makes me sad.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  - what the heck are pork chop pockets?

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Am I a cheapskate, I feel the clothing on QVC and HSN are overpriced? Sport Savvy and Denim & Co use to be more affordable, forget about the designer brands. I feel I can do so much better at Macys who are having their Friends & Family sale right now. 

No, not at all.  I've been buying a lot of clothing from QVC for a couple of months now.  My closet was seriously lacking and I have a cruise coming up in several months.  I've gotten some really nice tops and bottoms from QVC lately.  I try to buy when it's a one time only, only for this show, etc. when the price is a bit lower.  Trying to keep it below $45-$50 (before tax and shipping).  But I was watching KG on Saturday night and I noticed a big jump in prices.  $60 for a tee shirt.  Like everything else, inflation is hitting everyone terri bly.  I don't have much luck shopping in brick or mortor stores,for myself or my daughter.

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I A Cheapskate

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Sooner  - what the heck are pork chop pockets?

@San Antonio Gal 

See the sewing that comes through and the shape made?

I prefer in seam pockets.  I don't want hip attention from the stitching line.

FP Movement - Women's Body Language Pants, Large, Cotton

image.png

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

For decades I bought D&C cotton tops and capris here to wear when I was off from teaching.  

I'll pick up an occasional piece here, but it's rare.

PS  My large phone fits in all of my pants pockets, including jeans.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

No, because I haven't shopped from QVC in a long time. Prices are too high for many of the things sold. I understand quality may be better for some people, but I can find comparable clothing at other places for much less. Shop HQ has had some pretty good deals on fashion lately as well. Times are tight for a lot of people including myself and spending $40-$70 for a tee shirt or a pair of pants just isn't in the budget. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2   If you are a cheapskate I am on your team.

I have no problem with spending a little extra "sometimes" for good quiality however, I am seeing Tshirts for like 49.00 and they are saying WHAT A GREAT PRICE, on special, blah, blah....

many things are just way over priced and I am not buying, there is nothing I need that badly, we all have wants but I have all I "need" that's for sure!