Respected Contributor

i can't imagine not shopping around for the best price/value for anything i need or want.

i always have

btw the definition of a cheap skate is:

one who tries to avoid paying a fair share of costs or expenses.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Keep in mind how much DIESEL fuel it takes to get ANY ITEM, ANYWHERE right now.

Shipping and fuel costs are raising prices on EVERYTHING.

Any item you are considering to purchase has already travelled across an ocean and land at a very steep additional cost to the item.

Mfg and vendors can't pay these fuel costs and not expect to need to hike prices across the board.

We have to be realistic.

I find better quality here than at JCP or Macy's.  I might as well shop at Walmart than those 2 stores, IMHO.

We all have choices of how and where to spend our money.  Right now, I am cutting way back on everything, including high priced protein, a lot of produce....and clothes I really do not need.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Why did you post this?  Lol.  If you want to shop elsewhere, go ahead.  No one cares.  Many of us shop here and also other places.  I shop all the shopping channels and on the websites of several brick&mortar stores.  I buy what I can afford and I if something is too expensive for ME, I don't think it's over priced.  That's silly.  People have a wide range of incomes and lifestyles.  Something that is expensive to me is dirt cheap to other shoppers.  I'm very happy with QVC prices and quality.

Honored Contributor

I had thought about starting a thread,on where women buy their every day clothing, also heard today there is a surplus of merchandise now ,and some are reducing prices.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  I'll lend my voice to the support.  You are not a cheapskate.  Consider yourself a savvy shopper.  Whatever one's budget, I believe you should seek out the best deal for your money (style, quality, price).  Sure we all need basics, and even factoring in QVC usually has good to excellent quality, you may be able to match the quality and find a better price elsewhere. 

I still buy clothing from QVC if I see something that appeals to me, so I have not completely given up.  I usually get a good fit right out of the bag, so returning is not an issue for me, but I can understand how some people would hesitate to purchase due to the cost of returning. Sure you can exchange for free, but that can only happen if the exchange size and/or color is available.  

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I had thought about starting a thread,on where women buy their every day clothing, also heard today there is a surplus of merchandise now ,and some are reducing prices.

@goldensrbest the Today Show did a story on this yesterday. They said many of those shipping conatiners that were stuck out in the oceans have come in and many stores have a surplus of clothing items and are reducing the price to get the merchandise out of the door.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest the Today Show did a story on this yesterday. They said many of those shipping conatiners that were stuck out in the oceans have come in and many stores have a surplus of clothing items and are reducing the price to get the merchandise out of the door.

Yes, retailers such as Target and Walmart are reporting too much inventory of some categories. They are planning to liquidate inventory and cancel pending orders. Both stocks are way down. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Am I a cheapskate, I feel the clothing on QVC and HSN are overpriced? Sport Savvy and Denim & Co use to be more affordable, forget about the designer brands. I feel I can do so much better at Macys who are having their Friends & Family sale right now. 

@Jordan2   The Q fashions are sometimes no bargain when you add shipping and returning. 

Cheapskate, no. Frugal, yes.

Respected Contributor

Prices are crazy.  I saw a simple TANK the other day on Q for $48.00.  A tank!!  I've been backing off on my clothing purchases here.

Honored Contributor

Not  at all.

The ONLY things I won't scrimp on is medical/health related (eyeglasses, dentist, hearing aids) and food.

Everything else - I'm a bargain hunter.