Honored Contributor

Re: Alyssa B: Styling a Capsule Wardrobe...

I don't get the point of a capsule wardrobe unless of course you welcome the structure of a lifestyle uniform, per se, but for me I couldn't do it and frankly have no desire to. I am all for getting rid of what you don't wear but that is common sense.
I'm sure there are those that are making a statement about excessive consumption but to me that more applies to those that refuse to wear something more than once.
 I personally make an effort to rotate my clothing so as not to be wasteful about my purchases. If I'm consistently skipping over something that's when it goes in the donation pile.

I couldn't limit myself to a certain number of pieces because that would mean basically one of each thing i.e. dressy trousers, a pair of jeans, one wide leg capri, a blouse, etc..

I may wear a lot of similar pieces but they're different colors, textures and in the case of my sleeveless tops, neck lines. How does one make that decision? I think that's how most of these capsule collections contain a lot of neutral colors as @MacDUFF pointed out.

Limiting your choices every day would definitely simplify your life but I enjoy putting different outfits together and playing with color and texture .....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Alyssa B: Styling a Capsule Wardrobe...

@Andreatoo wrote:

I don't get the point of a capsule wardrobe unless of course you welcome the structure of a lifestyle uniform, per se, but for me I couldn't do it and frankly have no desire to. I am all for getting rid of what you don't wear but that is common sense.
I'm sure there are those that are making a statement about excessive consumption but to me that more applies to those that refuse to wear something more than once.
 I personally make an effort to rotate my clothing so as not to be wasteful about my purchases. If I'm consistently skipping over something that's when it goes in the donation pile.

I couldn't limit myself to a certain number of pieces because that would mean basically one of each thing i.e. dressy trousers, a pair of jeans, one wide leg capri, a blouse, etc..

I may wear a lot of similar pieces but they're different colors, textures and in the case of my sleeveless tops, neck lines. How does one make that decision? I think that's how most of these capsule collections contain a lot of neutral colors as @MacDUFF pointed out.

Limiting your choices every day would definitely simplify your life but I enjoy putting different outfits together and playing with color and texture .....

ITA