Valued Contributor

Re: Altuzarra collection at Target

On 8/15/2014 graceandmercy said:
On 8/15/2014 Trix said:
On 8/14/2014 Luvmycats said:

Doesn't matter who the designer is....It's <em>Target</em> and he fabrics used will reflect that.

So what if it's Target. I agree that if one is on the hunt for seasonless clothing which will last for several years I would not send them to Target. However, if the shopper is on looking for very trendy items which are created to be out of style and done after one season, then why not save a few bucks and buy at Target.

I love Target! Years ago when Isaac Mizrahi had his line, his clothes were awesome and his fabrics were high end! I buy their T shirts, short and long sleeved each year. They're soft, long wearing and I don't feel guilty renewing them each year.I get my Jockey slip shorts there for $12..its the same as the Q has for much more!

I am still wearing a Target Isaac Mizrahi suede skirt from MANY years ago...still on trend and looks practically brand new.

Just today I wore a Sleeveless off white top that has a ruffle thing down the front from the Philip Lim Target collection...looks phenomenal and so nice under a blazer.

I have found that there's usually "something" from these collections that are a great buy.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 dakotacheryl said:
On 8/15/2014 Trix said:

Doesn't matter who the designer is....It's <em>Target</em> and he fabrics used will reflect that.

So what if it's Target. I agree that if one is on the hunt for seasonless clothing which will last for several years I would not send them to Target. However, if the shopper is on looking for very trendy items which are created to be out of style and done after one season, then why not save a few bucks and buy at Target.

I love Target! Years ago when Isaac Mizrahi had his line, his clothes were awesome and his fabrics were high end! I buy their T shirts, short and long sleeved each year. They're soft, long wearing and I don't feel guilty renewing them each year.I get my Jockey slip shorts there for $12..its the same as the Q has for much more!

I am still wearing a Target Isaac Mizrahi suede skirt from MANY years ago...still on trend and looks practically brand new.

Just today I wore a Sleeveless off white top that has a ruffle thing down the front from the Philip Lim Target collection...looks phenomenal and so nice under a blazer.

I have found that there's usually "something" from these collections that are a great buy.

I love my Target Philip Lim tops, trenchcoat and satchel, plus many Target Missoni items, including rainboots, sweaters, dresses. I agree-I always find something-even an accessory from their designer collections. I'm ordering a few Altuzarra items online at midnight, then going to the store sunday morning-better to buy things in person. Wonder if they will have "online" only items?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/15/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 8/15/2014 Trix said:

grace-ITA! I have some great buys from Target's designer collaborations. Including the last initiative with Peter Pilotto-very unique apparel designs. Cool blazer in a white/navy/black color block design for 50 dollars. Phillip Lim: a beautiful raincoat-khaki with sky blue colored accents for the sleeves and collar, paid 70, looks like over 300; several zip front form fitting tops, and a taupe colored large satchel purchased at 50 dollars-ala his famous Pashli style which sells at Saks for over 600. And the Missoni collection was incredible. I have over a dozen items from that collection-dresses, sweaters-fantastic design & quality, rainboots, & bath/home decor. My favorite piece is a black & white zigzag sweater coat. Compliments every time I wear it, and most think it's from the Missoni couture line, instead a 60 dollar purchase from Target-quality is excellent! I'm looking forward to the Altuzarra collection. Due to limited quantities, and high demand, the best strategy is to review the lookbook, make a wish list, purchase your must haves via online as soon as it is released. Then you can hit the local stores to see the items in person. The Missoni release was a frenzy. Took down their website. I scored my wish list online right at launch before their site crashed. That is the best way to get your most desired items. If you have a Target Red Card-debit or credit, you get 5%off every purchase and free shipping. Returns are free-just take them to a local store. And anyone that shops at JJill is no "snob"... that store is so hit or miss/frumpy-much lower in quality &value in my book compared to Target any day!

Thanks for all the great info, Chi, you should know as you buy the best, IMO! I love Targay for many reasons, my bank's also there, lol! I remember that Missoni nightmare! Cool My Tarjay opens at 8 on Sunday..I will be there before the rush, lol!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 graceandmercy said:
On 8/15/2014 Trix said:

grace-ITA! I have some great buys from Target's designer collaborations. Including the last initiative with Peter Pilotto-very unique apparel designs. Cool blazer in a white/navy/black color block design for 50 dollars. Phillip Lim: a beautiful raincoat-khaki with sky blue colored accents for the sleeves and collar, paid 70, looks like over 300; several zip front form fitting tops, and a taupe colored large satchel purchased at 50 dollars-ala his famous Pashli style which sells at Saks for over 600. And the Missoni collection was incredible. I have over a dozen items from that collection-dresses, sweaters-fantastic design & quality, rainboots, & bath/home decor. My favorite piece is a black & white zigzag sweater coat. Compliments every time I wear it, and most think it's from the Missoni couture line, instead a 60 dollar purchase from Target-quality is excellent! I'm looking forward to the Altuzarra collection. Due to limited quantities, and high demand, the best strategy is to review the lookbook, make a wish list, purchase your must haves via online as soon as it is released. Then you can hit the local stores to see the items in person. The Missoni release was a frenzy. Took down their website. I scored my wish list online right at launch before their site crashed. That is the best way to get your most desired items. If you have a Target Red Card-debit or credit, you get 5%off every purchase and free shipping. Returns are free-just take them to a local store. And anyone that shops at JJill is no "snob"... that store is so hit or miss/frumpy-much lower in quality &value in my book compared to Target any day!

Thanks for all the great info, Chi, you should know as you buy the best, IMO! I love Targay for many reasons, my bank's also there, lol! I remember that Missoni nightmare..I will order any Altuzzara online before the mayhem, lol! Cool

Hi grace!!!!! This fashion board helps us save, lol---right? Yes, that Missoni release was a fiasco. I jumped online as soon as it was up and got 1 order in before the server crashed. Then I went to the store at opening, and scored the rainboots, blanket & pillows. There was a team of women grabbing racks of clothes--all sizes to sell on ebay. I've never seen anything like it. Now I understand Target limits quantities of the same item, but there are still alot of ebay sellers that try to buy up the popular items. So, planning, strategy, and early shopping is a must. Hope you have a great weekend!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 8/15/2014 Trix said:

Thanks for all the great info, Chi, you should know as you buy the best, IMO! I love Targay for many reasons, my bank's also there, lol! I remember that Missoni nightmare..I will order any Altuzzara online before the mayhem, lol! Cool

Hi grace!!!!! This fashion board helps us save, lol---right? Yes, that Missoni release was a fiasco. I jumped online as soon as it was up and got 1 order in before the server crashed. Then I went to the store at opening, and scored the rainboots, blanket & pillows. There was a team of women grabbing racks of clothes--all sizes to sell on ebay. I've never seen anything like it. Now I understand Target limits quantities of the same item, but there are still alot of ebay sellers that try to buy up the popular items. So, planning, strategy, and early shopping is a must. Hope you have a great weekend!

What a shame..hopefully I'll score something! You have a great weekend too..did you get anything from Iman??

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 Trix said:

What a shame..hopefully I'll score something! You have a great weekend too..did you get anything from Iman??

Yes, I bought the gray & crimson red TS pants. That's all. Will wait for other items when they go on clearance.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/15/2014 Trix said:

Yes, I bought the gray & crimson red TS pants. That's all. Will wait for other items when they go on clearance.

Pretty colors..loved the Moto jacket, but I resisted, lol! Good price too~

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Target=Target quality=poor fabrics/quality

Valued Contributor

Not impressed with this line or Target.

Honored Contributor

There's a purse on the commercial that I really liked, but it's not shown on either of the websites linked in this post. I wonder if it will be available. The SheFinds website says it's showing the entire collection.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau