Occasional Contributor

The problem I see with a peplum is they never fit the individual body shape.  If the peplum hits you at just the right place, it will look good, if not, your silhouette will look unbalanced.

Because waitlines fall at different places, I think the fashion industry has created peplums, empires, etc., to cover the vast majority of the women, so they can sell more product.

Ever notice that even most dresses now days don't even have a waistline?  

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Maybe they should be called pablum tops.  Smiley LOL

@Jaspersmom   I got it and it is funny.

Honored Contributor

Some peplums work for me and some don't.

Trusted Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Looks like for pregnantcy. Get back to normal looks.

Why be so offensive towards the ladies that dearly love peplum and look good in them?  Just because it is NOT YOUR STYLE then move on and post about what you DO LIKE.

I never criticize others for their style of dressing ever.  Just not what a well raised lady with manners does.  Speaks volumes of who you are.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple from Isaac and love them......I tried a few on at Dress Barn, and they were a no-go, so it depends! 

Esteemed Contributor

Ladies let's go easy on halfpint1. She's 81, lives alone, and I suspect, may be in the early stages of d/A. 

She's entitled to her opinion, just like we all are.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819   What a thoughtful thing to say.   I agree.    Very nice of you.

Respected Contributor

I love them, they're so comfortable to wear and I look nice in them.  

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Looks like for pregnantcy. Get back to normal looks.

@halfpint1   A peplum top is a "normal" look.  It's been around for years and years and isn't going anywhere.  What you consider "normal" isn't necessarily what others do, and vice versa.

Honored Contributor

For anyone who missed @Anonymous032819 very kind post:

Ladies let's go easy on halfpint1. She's 81, lives alone, and I suspect, may be in the early stages of d/A.

She's entitled to her opinion, just like we all are.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland