Esteemed Contributor

Looks like for pregnantcy. Get back to normal looks.

Honored Contributor

I think many peplum tops are quite nice. I'm 71 and have one that does not look like a maternity shirt!

When I was in my 20's they were very much in style and I had a few that were quite cute.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they should be called pablum tops.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Also the peblum tops

[ Edited ]

I doubt a pregnant woman could wear a peplum top.  Describe normal.

Regular Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I doubt a pregnant woman could wear a peplum top.  Describe normal.

I wore a peplum dress in my brother's wedding, and I was five months pregnant. It just made me look fat.

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

Re: Also the peblum tops

[ Edited ]

I love peplum tops! I think they look flattering on me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I think many peplum tops are quite nice. I'm 71 and have one that does not look like a maternity shirt!

When I was in my 20's they were very much in style and I had a few that were quite cute.

Same here, I get lots of compliments when I wear mine and  have around 7 or 8, love them!!

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I love peplum tops! I think they look flattering on me.

I agree!

Trusted Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Peplum tops are a "normal" look. They are in style at the moment and are flattering on many of us. You are entitled to your opinion and if you don't like them then don't buy them, but you don't speak for all of us.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@halfpint1 wrote:

Peplum tops are a "normal" look. They are in style at the moment and are flattering on many of us. You are entitled to your opinion and if you don't like them then don't buy them, but you don't speak for all of us.Smiley Happy

I agree.  I'm not certain though that peplum tops have ever been "out" of style since they have been around for a very, very long time - most notably in the 1940's and sporadically since then, but they harken back to Grecian clothing, so I doubt it's going anywhere soon.  I get that the Q shows a lot of them, but as you noted @RealtyGal2 , the option to not look at or purchase them is entirely to whomever does not like them. I don't like shorts, but I couldn't say they aren't normal because others DO like them.

Personally, I find them flattering, and it's all a matter of finding the right cut for your body.  With so many options out there, why focus on something you DON'T like?