QVC Customer Care

Re: All the layers of lace and chiffon?

Esteemed Contributor

All the snug thin rayon knit layers on top of each other do not disguise an ill fitting bra with back fat. I've written that before. If you are going to pull off a thin material like rayon/spandex, shapewear and an excellent fitting molded cup bra that does not show back fat or pit pooch is a must. When I see the vendor stylist and the models showing back fat, it's not a good look no matter how many layers they pile on.

Respected Contributor

In my town, I see a lot of people wearing clothing that is at least 2 sizes too small, t shirts with leggings, and maxi dresses that drag the ground.  I enjoy some lace and some chiffon and I pray that I don't look like most people in my town.  I'm different...not strange, but unique (this was written about me in my high scool yearbook).

Valued Contributor

I saw a woman in the airport in the bag lady layers. She was a plus size and she looked absolutely ridiculous with the lace and chiffon hanging everywhere. I'm sure she thought she looked great. I guess that's all that matters.
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

All the snug thin rayon knit layers on top of each other do not disguise an ill fitting bra with back fat. I've written that before. If you are going to pull off a thin material like rayon/spandex, shapewear and an excellent fitting molded cup bra that does not show back fat or pit pooch is a must. When I see the vendor stylist and the models showing back fat, it's not a good look no matter how many layers they pile on.

@TY  Best not to wear an ill fitting bra with any clothing whatsoever.  I wouldn't single out LOGO.  

Honored Contributor

While I am not a rayon/spandex person, no matter who designs it, I do think the chiffon or lace hems look pretty.  I am also noticing more fringe on the bottom hems of tops.

I think it adds visual interest and looks feminine.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I'm not fond of this style of layering chiffon, lace, or whatever, either.  What I don't understand is why some seem to like to take the joy away from those that do?  I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but, it's mean!  And, that's my opinion. Live and let live and all that.  

Bash beds, vacuums or whatever else they sell ad nauseum for a change 😎

Super Contributor

As I stated in my first post- it is just my opinon - for my age and my body - and because I am hot all the time - lol - this board is for OPINIONS - if some little lady out there wants to wear layers and layers of chiffon and lace - she should go for it!

To me it appears like mutton dressed as lamb - LOL - please niceness police - just a joke

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@TY wrote:

@TY  Best not to wear an ill fitting bra with any clothing whatsoever.  I wouldn't single out LOGO.  

@Pearlee

I would single out LOGO because Lori G. always wears an ill fitting bra that shows her back fat when she turns around or stands in profile when she's showing her clothing line. She's a stylist so she should know how clothes should fit and yet the tops don't look that good on her because they are too snug around the bust, back, and upper arms on her. Thin rayon/spandex knit shows off every lump and bump, especially in a solid color.

I picked at item by random from today's LOGO show and watched the video and she's wearing 4 layers of tops and still you can see the back fat and back bra outline when she's showing her clothing line. Take a look at item A275785 the 3/4 sleeve rayon/spandex knit top with the chiffon trim and watch the videoclip to see what I mean.

Honored Contributor

Layers upon layers? I haven't been to a christening nor a quinceanera lately so I've yet to see layers upon layers of chiffon and Lace. I have however seen lace trim, chiffon trim, or lace overlay or chiffon overlay. It's a bit of an exaggeration isn't it?