Respected Contributor

Re: All I See From Joan River's Collection is:

I think the line stays on the air for nostalgia sake....still in shock how JR passed just so horrible. But maybe it's time to get rid of the line. Melissa certainly doesn't need the money...not sure of David's financial assets.  

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Yes, I have several of them.  Some of my favorites are the boucle (phew!  that's a hard word) jackets she had in her line.  I must have 4 or so of those alone.  They're lined and just beautifully made.  The thing I liked about them was I didn't have to roll up the sleeves as they were the right length.

Everything I get from QVC has to be adjusted because the sleeves are way too long.  I have normal length arms but the stuff is too long.  Her's always fit perfectly.

I remember, she talked about how they looked like Chanel jackets.  I'm 5'4 and they just work on me.  I haven't worked in now, 44 years but when I go out I look like I'm going to work (dress nicely) and it's always a pleasure to wear her pieces.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read some of @David_Dangle's blogs and learned not only is he an experienced designer he's a 3 time Emmy winning designer. Some interesting pix at these blogs as well.

😊

Respected Contributor

I don't know if David Dangle has anything to do with what QVC carries.  The buyers are the ones that place the orders and tell the designers what they want.

It seems like a lot of big shirts...

Honored Contributor

I have one of the boucle jackets that I got after Joan died. It's nice. 

The big shirts aren't for me, I'm sure they work for and look great on others. Maybe Q is more focused on casual items in general, because lifestyles are more casual. It seems that way, I don't watch much.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"