Respected Contributor

Re: Alberti & Stacey-Susan Graver

On 3/30/2015 Shar Beth said:

I never get a chance to see Alberti much as I don't watch when he is on at his hours. I have seen him in the past when with Lisa Robertston, and I thought he was fabulous. QVC...try to put him on more during prime time hours.

Alberti is still considered the new host. So even though he's a great host, in my opinion anyway, he still gets the lame hours (11:00 p.m., 2:00 a.m., etc.) until he's been working at QVC longer. Then they'll probably move him to prime time.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Don't like him. that goofy smile seems very disingenuous to me. think,he tries too,hard to,be cute.
Contributor

I like him too. He does a god job presenting a variety of products and he doesn't screech and yell.

Regular Contributor

Alberti has an unfair advantage over Stacey as he was previously a vendor hawking beauty products on the Q before moving into being a host, whereas Stacey was a hardcore news anchor/reporter so this is a big change for her which I must say she's doing great for not doing this line of work before.

Super Contributor

Love Alberti!!!! he would be a welcome change for fashion shows ....... He is graceful and curteous and worked in fashion for many ears. Better than most of these car crashes

Trusted Contributor

Hey TX - I saw the show too and LOVE LOVE LOVE Alberti. I thought Susan's rep, Stacey, did a great job too. Much better than if Susan was there.

Trusted Contributor

Stacey is doing a good job for a yoga teacher and news reporter. She has presence and mimics Susan's points about her fashions. But I sure wish she had enough confidence to take those stilettos off. She doesn't need that dominance factor.

Alberti and his "beautiful" descriptions and, I agree, that "goofy smile" is ridiculous. His fashion knowledge, as he says, is from watching his mother. Creepy. His way of talking ultra slowly as if we are children or idiots is like fingernails on a board.

I have worked many years with deaf and blind people. Ignorant people come up to them either yelling at them or with over exaggerated pronunciations of words (often to the point of mispronouncing the words). This is Alberti's speech pattern. Or should I say "pat' tern".

Honored Contributor

Alberti has many years of fashion/beauty experience, as I recall, when I read his QVC bio. Probably more than some hosts, I'm guessing.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Stacey is so much better than SG, not obnoxious and talking over everyone.