Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

It was a beautiful dress but there is without a doubt an issue with some of the hosts dressing professionally.  Professional dress is no longer being choked up in a suit.  You can look great, be comfortable, and appropriate.  Women in other businesses do it every day.

This dress belongs at a fancy girl's lunch, a cocktail party, or out to dinner.

ITA. Nothing wrong with the dress. 

****************************I really think cleavege is out of place here.

I meant, @ECBG, I agree that there's nothing wrong with the dress for a cocktail party or out to dinner. It looks like evening wear to me. 

New Contributor

I agree.  Dressing like you are trying to pick someone up in a bar, as well as overly flirtations behavior seems odd for a Mom selling items on TV.  Very odd.

Respected Contributor

I don't think there is an "appropriate" way to dress anymore.  I was watching a cable news network the other day and all the women looked like they dressed to go to the club. All had on very short, tight dresses...some very low-cut and stilettos. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Albany s outfit

[ Edited ]

Once in a while, gorgeous Albany gets it right.  In my opinion, she often misses however. She does seem overconfident, which may mean she has insecurities.  But I doubt she is aware of how it comes off to the viewer.  I do not mind edgy.  But I much prefer classic.

Esteemed Contributor

I sure like the necklace she wore earlier today in the Susan Graver show.  It was a silver lariat style with a square hole.  

Honored Contributor

Albany dresses as if she were working for Fredricks Of Hollywood.... Not QVC.

Trusted Contributor

@narcisse wrote:

She is young and has a great figure much like Lisa Robinson who also was a lightning rod for these kind of comments. 

I'm in my late sixties and enjoy Albany.  I find a lot of the older female hosts on QVC seems to dress matronly - too matronly even for my age. 

I have to wonder about the motivations for these kind of comments - I'm thinking jealousy.

I couldn't agree with you more.  One of the first sets of nasty comments I read about focused on Albany's attire at an off site broadcast.  It turned out to be a new GILI dress that just so happened to look like it was tailored expressly for her. Jill didn't draw so much fire when she wore it.  There have been glaring examples of inappropriate attire of late and Albany wasn't the one causing the gasps and ahems.

I can't think of anyone who interacts with people who hasn't stepped over some line.  The vendors who interact with her seem to enjoy doing so.  Many quote Albanyisms for weeks after their working with her sometimes to the annoyance of the current host.     eg Gary, Susan, David, Angel, Lori etc etc.

She's so witty and well  intentioned, well informed, well prepared. It's a shame the occasional, innocent, slip over the edge draws such vehement criticism.  

Respected Contributor

Just wondering why someone felt the need to resurrect a post from December 2015 just to criticize Albany.  Who knows what she was wearing that day?

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Re: Albany s outfit

[ Edited ]

I don't have a problem with Albany's attire, my problem is her inappropriate comments when she's around certain male vendors.....she needs to show more respect and be a bit more professional.....she flirts like she was a high school girl....and one time Liam snapped back at her for a comment she made........she's a channel changer for me...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

This thread is so old.  It brought back by a newbie just to critize a host.