Honored Contributor

Re: Amy Kestenberg - 9/21 TSV - SOHO Satchel

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I had pre ordered this in camo because I like silver hardware.  It is a beautiful bag but I ended up returning it.  I think that come next year I wouldn't carry it due to how trendy it is.  If I'm going to purchase a handbag for $200 I want to make sure it's something I will carry season after season,. 

If YOU like the bag, carry it as long as you want to - who cares about trends and what other people think?

By the way, IMO camo is here to stay!  It's been around for several seasons now.

I'M not worried about what other people think, I think I wouldn't like it anymore. 

Honored Contributor

The solid colors are okay but I do not care for the bags with the patterns.  Do not like gold with gray, the hardware would have looked better in silver.  Not purchasing - too big, too heavy for me.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

after seeing the live TSV last niite i will pass.  i too, don't care for al the gold hardware.  the Sangria is gone though!  no surprise there.  sorry misspelled her name - Aimee

Super Contributor

Re: Aimee Kestenberg - 9/21 TSV - SOHO Satchel

I passed on this bag.   The very small handles make it impossible to carry on my shoulder, and they also block you from getting into the bag if you're carrying it in the crook of your arm.   The shoulder strap is too small for me to carry crossbody, and I generally don't carry bags using the longer strap, unless it's crossbody.  The front pockets are much too small and useless, and appear to be for decorative purposes only.  I can't imagine comfortably getting my hands in and out of those tiny zipper pockets. 

Respected Contributor

If you purchased this bag I hope you love it.  I saw the bag at midnight and it is a bit too busy for my taste.  I am weird and probably in the minority because I don't really care for pockets on the outside of the bag.  I think they make it look a little cluttered.  I prefer my organization pockets on the inside.  Also, the colors didn't wow me.  Passing.

Super Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

If you purchased this bag I hope you love it.  I saw the bag at midnight and it is a bit too busy for my taste.  I am weird and probably in the minority because I don't really care for pockets on the outside of the bag.  I think they make it look a little cluttered.  I prefer my organization pockets on the inside.  Also, the colors didn't wow me.  Passing.

I won't buy a bag without outside pockets.   I need to have my keys and such easily accessible without having to go inside the bag. 

This satchel is just too small, with small handles and a short shoulder strap.  Also, I only buy bags with silver hardware and the only offering was the camo.   Not really into camo enough to spend that much money on it.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Agree; although I do like an outside pocket of some sort for my phone.  That's it.  

Esteemed Contributor

The design of the bag looked like a Travelon I just bought for my SIL. She needs it as she loves organization bags and is a traveler, plus it's very lightweight. I love a lightweight bag, and have no need to carry much to be organized.

Honored Contributor

I know I said I didn't like it but after watching the presentation last night I do actually like how organized it is. I like the pockets and I like that it has a top flap to the mail compartment instead of a zipper. If she had it in pewter or silver metallic with silver hardware I'd be hard pressed not to order. The shiny oversized gold hardware turns me off. I do really like the gold with black leather and the "gunmetal" leather. I liked the Sangria color also. I think I'm just going to wait for the customer returns and maybe I'll pick up one on as is. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I agree with you 100 percent.  Bad colors and bad patterns yuck!