Honored Contributor

Re: Again . . .Host and Model sizing

@colover wrote:

Ok, ok, . . .I know it's been the subject on these boards several times but I cannot believe the sizes so many "claim" they are wearing. Either my eyesight is horrible or my 1 yr old Samsung 4k HD 55" TV is a lemon! The sizes these people claim to be wearing is ridiculous. I was watching on QVC2 a replay of denim & company with the host Terry Conn (?) and she was presenting a SS top and said the arms were tight on her as she was in the  XXS instead of XS. I about choked on my coffee! C'mon. It's like the host go out of their way to say the "real" size, what's wrong with being an 8, or a 22, or a 24???? NOTHING!!!! I have 2 nieces, one is 24 and her sister is 19. They are XS and S. These grown women are no where near looking like my nieces. It's funny but frustrating.

The host must read these boards because last weekend JT was doing a Kim G hour and she made reference to comments people make about the size she claims to wear.

Just own it like I do!

If its Denim and Co I do know years ago when I purchased my regular size they were huge, had to send back.  I know the hosts and models do not wear the same size from all vendors, they should specify.  I get so tired of everybody saying they wear and XXS.  I believe that the good hosts will go into detail about sizing and tell you what size they truly wear, Carolyn gracie, Leah, Mary Beth, maybe some others.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know why viewers thiink clothing is available in every size for hosts & models...sizes are limited & they make do. Guessing others clothing size is tricky because everyone carries their weight differently...I'm a M but can wear a range of sizes from XS to XL, it depends on the cut & how I want it to fit. When I hosts says they're a certain size I believe them but it doesn't matter to me...the only size I care about is mine.

Super Contributor

One of the reasons I don’t enjoy watching Kerstin is that it’s always about her...how she wears something, how she lounges on the couch and wraps the sweater (in this case) around her like a hug, or around her kids on a plane, or uses it as armor when her day at work is getting to her. I am absolutely sure she is a lovely person in her day to day life...but I want to know about the sizing!

I want to know what size the vendor is wearing, and what sizes ALL the models are wearing, and if anyone is wearing a petite or not. She might start to go over that with one of the models, and then she gets distracted by HER story by how she loves/uses the item and then goes over colors again...never giving ALL the models’ pertinent info that HELPS us determine how the item is running, size-wise. I’ll even rewind and watch the presentation again to see if maybe I zoned out listening to her...but no, I hadn’t missed the info. It’s beyond frustrating.

I am not slamming the woman...I am slamming the way she presents items. All hosts should be mindful that these shows are not for them...they’re for us. They have the advantage of touching, trying on, or using the items they’re selling. We don’t...we rely on them because the garment info listed for the items isn’t always accurate.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

I don't have an size hang ups.  I don't care what sizes the hosts and models wear or say they wear.  I don't shop for them.  I only look at the models to see how the clothing looks on a moving body but mostly to see how the stylists style them.  They can say they were a size XXXS and I'm ok with that.  I know my measurements, I don't how to use the body measurement size chart and now I even use the "click here" chart to check thigh circumference on pants.  That's new for me but it takes the guess work out of slim fit pants.

Respected Contributor

@colover wrote:

Ok, ok, . . .I know it's been the subject on these boards several times but I cannot believe the sizes so many "claim" they are wearing. Either my eyesight is horrible or my 1 yr old Samsung 4k HD 55" TV is a lemon! The sizes these people claim to be wearing is ridiculous. I was watching on QVC2 a replay of denim & company with the host Terry Conn (?) and she was presenting a SS top and said the arms were tight on her as she was in the  XXS instead of XS. I about choked on my coffee! C'mon. It's like the host go out of their way to say the "real" size, what's wrong with being an 8, or a 22, or a 24???? NOTHING!!!! I have 2 nieces, one is 24 and her sister is 19. They are XS and S. These grown women are no where near looking like my nieces. It's funny but frustrating.

The host must read these boards because last weekend JT was doing a Kim G hour and she made reference to comments people make about the size she claims to wear.

Just own it like I do!

I don't totally understand this comment. She said she usually wears an XXS, which I can totally believe in D&Co. She said that this top she thought maybe she should have gone up to an XS, because the XXS was a bit tight. Are your nieces wearing QVC XS and S? Most people would tell you that, for them, they have to size down in QVC clothing (especially D&Co) from brick and mortar sizing, so it all seems perfectly logical to me.

As for Jane, I totally believe her when she says what QVC size she is wearing. Again, she is speaking of her QVC size (often smaller than brick and mortar), and people have to keep in mind that, while she admits that her hips/thighs are her largest part (I think she has said that she usually wears a Q size 8), she is much more petite on top.

Finally, as I just stated in another thread, you simply cannot tell what size someone is (or is wearing) from seeing her on TV.

Occasional Contributor

Well said!

Occasional Contributor

@1MrsT wrote:

One of the reasons I don’t enjoy watching Kerstin is that it’s always about her...how she wears something, how she lounges on the couch and wraps the sweater (in this case) around her like a hug, or around her kids on a plane, or uses it as armor when her day at work is getting to her. I am absolutely sure she is a lovely person in her day to day life...but I want to know about the sizing!

I want to know what size the vendor is wearing, and what sizes ALL the models are wearing, and if anyone is wearing a petite or not. She might start to go over that with one of the models, and then she gets distracted by HER story by how she loves/uses the item and then goes over colors again...never giving ALL the models’ pertinent info that HELPS us determine how the item is running, size-wise. I’ll even rewind and watch the presentation again to see if maybe I zoned out listening to her...but no, I hadn’t missed the info. It’s beyond frustrating.

I am not slamming the woman...I am slamming the way she presents items. All hosts should be mindful that these shows are not for them...they’re for us. They have the advantage of touching, trying on, or using the items they’re selling. We don’t...we rely on them because the garment info listed for the items isn’t always accurate.

Well said! I find myself zoning out on her too when she presents.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@jonbon   Maybe we can't tell what size they are wearing but we can sure tell if it fits them or not.   

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@jonbon   Maybe we can't tell what size they are wearing but we can sure tell if it fits them or not.   

Sure, but you're mixing two things here. They very well can be telling us the truth about the size they are actually wearing (some people say they lie about that). Whether or not you think it fits is a whole 'nother thing.

Respected Contributor

BY IT'S VERY NATURE...SELLING IS NOT EQUAL TO HONESTY.