Esteemed Contributor

After years of tracksuit and t-shirt couture, are you ready to wear a PINK DRESS?

The Paris runways were awash in rosy hues. Pink dresses ruled.

What do you think? Are you ready for some overtly "feminine" colors and styles?

LINK to article

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: After years of tracksuit and t-shirt couture, are you ready to wear a PINK DRESS?

i never went the super-casual, no gender route.  i still dress to travel . !!!  so am very glad to hear that more will be available that is more "feminine."  not sure i like any of the looks in the article, but pink is okay with me.  

Honored Contributor

Re: After years of tracksuit and t-shirt couture, are you ready to wear a PINK DRESS?

I dress in what I like - not what the "Paris" (or any other so called fashion experts) show!!!  I will buy and wear something if it is what I like but no thanks on the pink dresses and "feminine" colors and styles.      

Honored Contributor

There's not much that I'd look worse in than a tracksuit and an ordinary t-shirt.  Just not a good look on my body type ever.

Having said that if "feminine" means flounces and frills and pastels, I'm out.  That's also not attractive on me, and my definition of feminine has more to do with dressing to fit my body and my coloring than what some style "expert" says.

No matter the edgy style, I'll be looking for classic lines and no matter the in color, I'll be looking for an earthy version of it.

Trusted Contributor

I would love a blush pink blouse or skirt to pair with black, but no bubble gum pink dresses for me😃

Trusted Contributor

How about you, Gardensla?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like feminine coloring since I have pale Irish skin and white hair and the feminine colors work well for me - can't use the blacks and greys of the past few winters.  But when it comes to style, classic and comfortable are my two "buy" words.  I'm into soft elastic waist pants and over the pants tops. Tees are just fine for my everyday wear.  I love to see someone in classic clothing, but won't go there when it comes to the Parisian styles. Not for this retired, relaxed lady.

As for the pink dress, I'd wear it in the summer months, but for winter wear I'd choose a more neutral color (yes, even black or grey, navy or taupe) but wear my pinks and pastels in the form of a scarf or jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

@lrmuffin

While it won't be easy to forego my black on black Italian widow look and yield ease to structure,  I'm ready for something fresh! I might not wear a full-on pink dress, but I would wear separates!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla, you're too funny.  I like dark reds, greens and purples and of course black, But I think I'm done with the super bright pinks.

Trusted Contributor

I can only wear soft pink. Maybe in a scarf or shirt or jewelry. Bright pink makes me look washed out. Fushia is the worst on me. Smiley Frustrated

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning