Honored Contributor

Re: After years of tracksuit and t-shirt couture, are you ready to wear a PINK DRESS?

Being retired my standard daily uniform is capris and a t shirt but that does not mean the t shirt can't be pretty. There is casual sloppy and casual that is still trim and attractive. I love a nice t shirt with a little print or a nice added touch like lace or crochet. Not my daily wear but if we go out for lunch or dinner or to shop or maybe an art show or street fair that is what I usually wear. I love nice rosy pinks - a good color for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: After years of tracksuit and t-shirt couture, are you ready to wear a PINK DRESS?

[ Edited ]

I'd wear the first, third and fourth pieces.   The first and third are similar to styles I do wear.   I like capes / stoles / wraps.

'

Pink is a difficult color for me ... I can only wear certain shades.  

I never wore a tracksuit ... and only wear t-shirts around the house or to the gym.

ETA:  Just did a quick check ... I have 15 tops/shirts in various shades of pink, inc. 2 man-tailored pink plaid shirts, and 1 pink plaid madras plaid.  

Honored Contributor

I don't care what is worn on runways or what is said to be "in" at any one time.

I'm not really a "girlie girl" but I do wear pink t-shirts or blouses sometimes. I can wear some bright shades and some pale ones. I don't really want to wear all pink or all any one light or bright color. Just not my style.

Honored Contributor

My favorite color,

Image result for word pink image

Respected Contributor

I have never liked sloppy-casual sweatpants, yoga pants, athletic shoes (refuse to wear them), etc. but I have never been into pink, ruffles, and frou-frou, even as a child. Nothing wrong with it; it simple isn't me. My mom us tailored, too, so I guess it's in the genes. I do live on the water, so of course I wear capris, nice tees, etc., in summer. Now that I don't work, I dress casually, but still with a tailored edge. Winter often means long slim jeans, usually black but sometimes blue, slightly bootcut and always pressed, with 2" to 3" stacked heel loafers, often with a cowl-neck tunic, often black,  with a colorful scarf tucked into the neckline to coordinate with whatever Dooney I feral like carrying. That may be boring, but it's me. I change it up with one of the mid-thigh cardis I have, usually the black cashmere one, with an untucked sleeveless turtleneck or a shirt underneath, and a belt over that shirt or she'll to define a waist. Sometimes, I tuck jeans into tall riding boots versus wearing heeled loafers. Looking forward to wearing my new budget fall find-- the D&C tribal jacquard sweater. What a surprising find that was. 

But no pink dress or pink anything for me!

Respected Contributor

My favourite colour for clothing & accessories is - Black - all four seasons.  However these various Pink outfits in this article were Beautiful.  I would be capable of throwing in some Pink - here and there.

Respected Contributor

I haven't owned/ worn a dress or skirt in at least 25 years.  Don't plan on it again.  All the pink in October irritates me and I'm a survivor.  So much of the pink is loud, garish, overdone.  As for ruffles...DH just rolled his eyes at me so that's a no.

Valued Contributor

NO, not ready to wear a PINK dress.

But PINK as an accessory, YES!

pink puppy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have never like the color or any variation  ... I even refused to wear an "Easter dress" when I was a child. 

Several months ago I bought this leather jacket ... I've worn it maybe twice ... there's just something about the color I can't get past.

Esteemed Contributor

I never really embraced the tracksuit/t-shirt couture, but I do like to wear dresses and skirts.  I also like to wear most shades of pink.