Super Contributor

Affordable GILI?

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry Shawn, but a high neck PLEATHER t shirt for $49 with $3 shipping totaling $52 is NOT affordable.  $78 + $3 for zip front yoga pants are not affrodable...Seriously.

Regular Contributor

And now we have a $78.50 pair of pants.  

Regular Contributor

I did order the dress, the first item of show, I hope the sizing is ok, as in the past, this brand had a huge si/zing issues for me..Dresses very large and long, hopefully, this dress is cut  different

Valued Contributor

But...it was "Fleather" (faux leather) and not just the old pleather! 😂

Surely that's worth an extra $10-15 at least?

Respected Contributor

@buford the pug wrote:

I did order the dress, the first item of show, I hope the sizing is ok, as in the past, this brand had a huge si/zing issues for me..Dresses very large and long, hopefully, this dress is cut  different

That dress is really cute.  Be sure to post with your review!

Trusted Contributor

I bought a faux leather skirt from the Gili line.  Its really, really nice.  I got the black, then went back and ordered the gray.

Honored Contributor

@tervuren wrote:

And now we have a $78.50 pair of pants.  

With s/handling and tax....I don't think it's a deal at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@wishd4it wrote:

I'm sorry Shawn, but a high neck PLEATHER t shirt for $49 with $3 shipping totaling $52 is NOT affordable.  $78 + $3 for zip front yoga pants are not affrodable...Seriously.

$49 for a fake leather Tshirt is not too out of line with what such a thing might cost in stores. YVMV obviously, some of the other GILI things have been too much money

Respected Contributor

@wishd4it wrote:

Perhaps it's not affordable to YOU but those prices are dirt cheap to someone else.  It's all relative.......   Otherwise, why QVC sell them....lol

Honored Contributor

Can we afford to buy it? Sure but are the prices reasonable? I say 'no'. There's perceived value that one generally attributes to a designer....Gili is QVC's exclusive line. I frankly find it arrogant of them but if people are willing to pay it....